International Journal of Health Governance: Call for papers
International Journal of Health Governance (IJHG) (Emerald Publishing) is a peer-reviewed journal that promotes the evolution of governance for health and health systems to meet new challenges in the 21st century. Serving a wide readership, IJHG publishes empirical and theoretical papers that offer national perspectives, international comparisons, and global approaches.
IJHG is oriented to those concerned with policy-making and governance within government and academia, as well as in public, non-governmental or private healthcare systems or organizations. IJHG presents innovative research and conceptual papers, case studies and reviews that provide actionable insights for smarter governance.
A systems-thinking perspective enables a broader and deeper influence on whole-of-government and whole-of-society approaches to governance. Therefore, IJHG welcomes submissions on topics such as:
- Fundamentals of governance for both health care and health promotion
- Governance issues for digital health services and health data protection
- New metrics for measuring health systems quality, outcomes, and impact
- Approaches to strengthen patient safety
- The effect of governance on health systems resilience
- Governance of collaboration outside the health sector particularly to tackle social and cultural determinants of health
- Processes to rebalance power between care providers and communities
- Approaches to strengthen patient rights and participation in governance processes
- Issues in governance of global health initiatives
- Basic training and leadership development for health governance
Manuscripts that stimulate new thinking are more likely to receive priority for publication than reports from quality audits in single institutions that check conformance with already widely accepted norms. Manuscripts reporting nation-wide results, coupled with historical perspective, are more likely to receive priority; however, pilot projects and small or early studies, especially in sectors from which relatively little has been published, that offer generalizable insights about new approaches and stimulate further research also are important to us. The authors of highly technical papers more appropriate to publication in methodology-focused journals also are encouraged to consider submitting a subsequent “viewpoint” category manuscript that explains to our audience the value and importance of their findings along with guidance from lessons learned in their implementation.
This journal is abstracted and indexed in: ABI/INFORM, American Sociological Association Publishing Options Database, British Library, Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities, CINAHL, EMBASE, Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), ERIH PLUS, Health Service Abstracts, ProQuest, Scopus
This journal is ranked by: Scopus (CiteScore 3.1 for 2023), and Clarivate Analytics (Impact Factor 1.3 for 2022).
Submissions are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts. Registration and access are available by clicking the button below.
Submit your paper here!
Author guidelines must be strictly followed