Continuity and resilience in transportation systems
Transportation systems are fundamental to human society as they facilitate the movement of people and goods, thus contributing to economic development, social interaction, and access to services. However, these systems are vulnerable to diverse disruptions, including the challenge posed by natural events (e.g., climate change, COVID-19), technological failures (e.g., cybersecurity breaches), and human factors (e.g., incidents). Therefore, investigating the continuity and resilience of transportation systems is crucial for comprehending how to sustain and swiftly restore them, ensuring societal and economic stability.
To explore how to understand and enhance the continuity and resilience of transportation systems amidst disruptions, we welcome papers covering new work at the intersection of transport and traffic management, operations research, risk analysis, data science, engineering management. We are interested in papers that discuss how to accurately define, quantify and assess the continuity and resilience of transportation systems? What vulnerabilities do different transport systems face under various disruptions? What are the key factors in enhancing their continuity and resilience? What practical recommendations and solutions can be offered to transportation managers to bolster the continuity and resilience of systems?
List of Topic Areas
- Continuity and resilience in all forms of transportation systems, including land transport, maritime transport and air transport
- Definition and assessment of continuity and resilience in transportation
- Disruption management in urban public transport
- Transport infrastructure resilience to natural disasters
- Emergency response strategies in transportation systems
- Innovative technologies for transport system recovery
- Resilience assessment in transportation networks
- Transportation network design under uncertainty
- Urban mobility and resilient city planning.
Submissions are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts. Registration and access are available here.
Author guidelines must be strictly followed. Please see here.
Authors should select (from the drop-down menu) the special issue title at the appropriate step in the submission process, i.e. in response to ““Please select the issue you are submitting to”.
Submitted articles must not have been previously published, nor should they be under consideration for publication anywhere else, while under review for this journal.
Opening date for manuscripts submissions: 12/02/2024
Closing date for manuscripts submission: 30/08/2024