26th CEEMAN/Emerald case writing competition
Emerald and the CEEMAN are delighted to announce that the 26th CEEMAN/Emerald case writing competition is now open!
The aim of the competition is to encourage and promote the development of high-quality teaching case material relevant for the realities of dynamic and emerging economies and at the same time promote the development of case-writing capabilities in those countries. Submissions are made through ScholarOne Manuscripts, please see our author guidelines and details on how to submit.
In the spirit of a fully inclusive competition, global submissions are encouraged. The co-organisers will support global exposure of the submitted high-quality cases through a direct link with the Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies collection (EMCS), a growing collection of over 690 case studies with teaching notes. All case submissions will be considered for international publication in EMCS.
We are pleased to offer feedback to authors of cases submitted to this competition early. If you submit your case before 5th of April, you will receive some feedback from the judges of the competition, and be able to revise and resubmit your case before May 17th for final judging. Please note the early feedback will be brief, general comments on the focus of your case/teaching notes that will help you improve for the competition and is not full double blind peer review. You will receive in depth feedback once your case is submitted for peer review in EMCS.
The total CEEMAN/Emerald award prize pool is worth over €10,000, including €4,000 prize money. Prizes are awarded to the overall winner and two runners-up.
Compulsory submission criteria
- Cases should have a developing and emerging markets focus (Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Oceania and Middle East).
- All cases should be teaching cases based on a real situation in a real company, with a clear decision-making situation, and prepared in accordance with case writing guidelines provided in the instructional materials below.
- Academic (research) cases will not be accepted for evaluation by the jury.
- Case studies submitted should not have been published before in their current or substantially similar form, or be under consideration for publication in any ISSN/ ISBN-registered publication or with any other case-centre.
- All case studies must be accompanied by a consent to publish release form, which has been completed and signed by the management of the company or individuals included in the case.
- Cases will be automatically entered into the peer review process. Selected cases will be published in Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies [EEMCS] collection [ISSN 2045-0621]. By submitting your case to the competition you are agreeing to have your case published in EMCS and complete a minimum of 2 rounds of review if required. Please note that the cash prizes are only paid upon publication of the cases (or at the conclusion of the second revision stage if not published earlier) and cases cannot be submitted for publication elsewhere while being considered by EMCS.
- Please consult the competition evaluation checklist before submitting your case.
Submission deadline: 17th May 2020
Winner announced: July 2020
Presentation: 28th CEEMAN Annual Conference in Trieste, Italy 23 – 25th September.