Finance, Risk and Accounting: Environmental, Social and Governance Perspectives
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Applied Accounting Research
Prof Othmar M. Lehner, ACRN Oxford Centre [email protected]
What is the focus of this special Issue?
This special issue, containing the most comprehensive and up-to-date collection of scholarly works on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) perspectives, will stand as a standard reference work for students, academics, policy makers, analysts and other professionals. Bringing in inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary perspectives, including relevant sociological and political dimensions, the publication will find a place on the shelves of major university libraries, policymakers and financial professionals around the globe.
The purposes of the special issue are as follows:
- To clarify the concepts of environmental and social finance, risk and accounting and to examine their overlaps and delineate their boundaries
- To map out, display and scale the disparate voices, traditions and public and professional communities engaged in ESG research and practice
- To develop a range of analytical approaches, theoretical constructs and metrics for decision-making and reporting
- Presentation and discussion of papers at the 16th FRAP Conference at the Hughes Hall College of the University of Cambridge September 2017
- Revised drafts of papers (around 8000 words) to be submitted online for peer-review between September 2017 and January 2018
- Please strictly follow the author guidelines!
- Revised papers based on peer review July 2018
- Publication of Special Issue in the Journal of Applied Accounting Research in early 2019
- Environmental Finance, Risk and Accounting
- Impact Investing, Funding Social Innovation and Related Actors
- Reporting Cooperative, Public and Mutual Finance
- Micro-Finance and Micro-Lending
Challenges, Suggestions, Critiques, and Debates
- Critical Dimensions of Social and Sustainable Finance
- Performance Measurement and Suitable Metrics
- Regulation and Public Policy
- Risk Society and Its Implications
- Hybrid Rationalities and Forms
- Historical Backgrounds on Social and Sustainable Finance, Risk and Accounting
- Discourse Analysis and the Concept of Power
- Financial Markets Reforms and Policy Issue
- Corporate governance and Corporate Social Responsibility
Markets and Institutions
• Carbon and Environmental Finance Markets
• Social and Sustainable Banking
• Environmental Accounting and Reporting
• Scaling of ESG Investments
• Neo-Institutionalist and Social Origins Perspectives
• Investment Portfolio Construction and Metrics
• Public Private Partnerships and Public Policies
• Information Economics, Transaction Cost Perspectives
• Social and Enterprise Risk Management
• CSR markets and Corporate Sustainability monitoring
… combining Finance, Risk and Accounting Perspectives.
More details on the conference and making your submission
Link to the Conference: http://www.acrn.eu/frap
Link to the Journal: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journal/jaar
Link to the Authors Guidelines and Submission – http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=jaar
When applying please go to JAAR's ScholarOne portal to make your submission:
When you are in ScholarOne please select the drop down Special Issue Finance, Risk and Accounting: Environmental, Social and Governance Perspectives!
Submissions now open between September 2017 and January 2018!