Financial Markets, Large Shareholders, and Corporate Governance
Special issue call for papers from Review of Accounting and Finance
Scott Fung, California State University, USA [email protected]
What is the issue about?
Financial markets and large shareholders have important value implications such as effects on corporate governance, financial decisions, and accounting policies, among others. This special issue focusses on new research findings and literature contributions to study the interrelations between financial markets, different types of large shareholders, and corporate governance with innovative applications for accounting and finance. This special issue also encourages studies that intersect different research areas such as accounting, corporate finance, investments and asset pricing, financial markets and institutions, among others.
The papers may address any substantive issues in accounting and finance including, but not limited to, the following:
- New findings on the effects of financial markets and large shareholders on corporate decisions and performance; analysis of the breadth, distribution, and structure of large shareholder ownership; implications of large shareholders and governance on investments, financial institutions (e.g., mutual funds, institutional investors, etc.), and financial markets
- New findings on accounting and finance implications of large shareholders and governance; e.g., the roles of large shareholders such as corporate governance and activism, interactions between large shareholders and accounting disclosures and policies, etc
- Advances/innovations in research methodologies, theoretical work, and/or empirical study that shed new lights on the interrelations (e.g., feedback effects) between financial markets, large shareholders, and corporations
- New insights and evidence from heterogeneous firms, industry settings, financial institutions, and global financial markets
- Studies of policy effects of regulations, institutional features, or emerging issues that impact the relations between financial markets, different shareholders, and corporate governance
- Theories and empirical studies of financial markets, different shareholders, and corporate governance, which provide innovative practices, policies, and applications for accounting and finance.
- To submit a paper, please use ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/raf
- Full information and guidance on using ScholarOne Manuscripts is available at http://msc.emeraldinsight.com
- Please read the author guidelines before submitting
- Submission deadline: January 10, 2018
- If you are interested in reviewing papers for this issue, please register as a reviewer in ScholarOne.