An Invitation to Publish in Higher Education, Skills and Work-based Learning
Journal call for papers from Higher Education, Skills and Work-based Learning
On behalf of the editorial team of Higher Education, Skills and Work-based Learning, I'd like to invite papers examining topics from across the journal's scope for submission.
Typical areas of interest include:
- Work-based learning - at all levels and from differing perspectives
- Graduate employability; workplace and workforce issues around skills - both sector specific and general
- Experiential learning; placements; internships; specifically designed curricula, etc.
- Government policy and interventions around the higher level skills agenda
- Innovative case studies from practitioners and specific professions/sectors etc.
- Cross cutting initiatives which showcase the connections between facets of this agenda
In addition to the above, the journal is particularly interested in submissions examining Higher & Degree Apprenticeships.
About the journal
Higher Education, Skills and Work-based Learning (HESWBL) is the official journal of the University Vocational Awards Council (UVAC). A peer-reviewed scholarly journal focusing specifically on the interface between higher education learning and workplace learning. HESWBL publishes academic and scholarly practitioner-focused papers which aim to provide a broad international coverage global issue, developments and innovation in higher level skills, higher level work-based learning and higher education.
In the first instance authors should submit an abstract of not more than 500 words describing the content of the proposed paper and demonstrating how it addresses the themes of the journal.
Abstracts should be sent to the Editor:
Professor Tony Wall, University of Chester Business School, UK. [email protected]
Following an initial review process, selected authors will be invited to submit a full paper. Articles should be between 5000-7000 words in length. The peer review process, formatting guidelines and publishing schedule of Higher Education, Skills & Work-based Learning are available here: Author Guidelines