Calls for Proposals: Special Review Issue
Special issue call for papers from Management Decision
Special Issue Editor: Richard A. Hunt (Colorado School of Mines)
Management Decision Editors: Andy Adcroft (U. Surrey) and Patrick J. Murphy (DePaul U.)
Management Decision invites authors to submit proposals for a Special Issue of review articles. The papers in this review issue of the journal will be high-impact scholarly surveys of important research literatures focusing on emerging issues, contemporary debates, and ongoing implications for scholars and practitioners. Contributions will summarize current research, integrate domains, synthesize multi-disciplinary perspectives, and highlight important directions for future studies. Management Decision’s Review Issue is open to all areas of management and organizational studies, including the following categories:
• Business Policy and Strategic Management
• Controversial Business Questions and Management Issues
• Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
• General and Social Entrepreneurship, Company Turnaround, and Innovation
• Legal Issues, Business Ethics, and Firm Governance
• Managerial Accounting and Firm Financial Affairs
• Non-traditional Management Research and Creative Methodologies
• Operations Management and Logistics Research
• Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
Proposals can be submitted between July 1 and October 15, 2017.
The submission process for the special issue will follow a two-step process for (a) proposals and (b) full manuscripts. For the first step, proposals should be double-spaced and include no more than five pages of text. Do not send full papers. References, tables, and appendices do not count against the page limit. All proposals will be receive an editorial review. If the full paper is already completed, please inform the editors. All proposals will be evaluated with respect to the following five criteria. A proportion of submitters will be invited to submit full manuscripts.
• Importance. Addresses an area of significance and relevance to management and organizations but does not offer new conceptual contributions or new theoretic frameworks.
• Breadth. Of interest to a variety of scholars within the domain of management and organizational research.
• Depth. Compelling coverage with comprehensive and authoritative treatment of the subject.
• Proposal Quality. Intelligible and convincing in content and structure.
• Forward-Looking. A roadmap for future study.
https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/md Select “Review Issue” as submission type. Login with existing account or create a new account. All proposals, and subsequent papers, should be submitted through the submission website. ScholarOne will NOT open for submissions until July 1.
• July 1: Proposal submission period begins
• October 15, 2017: Proposal deadline
• January 15, 2018: Decisions on proposals and initial feedback regarding full papers
• June 1, 2018: Full draft of paper due
• August 1, 2018: Feedback to authors on full papers
• November 1, 2018: Final papers due
• Formatting requirements and related information: http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=md
• Proposal submission: Editorial Assistant Jake Ekdahl ([email protected])
• Questions about Special Issue: Special Issue Editor Rick Hunt ([email protected])
About Management Decision
Founded in 1963, Management Decision is one of the oldest and longest-running scholarly management journals. Throughout its history, the journal has enjoyed outstanding international impact. Research in Management Decision features relevant and tendentious questions, robust conceptual and theoretic foundations, rigorous methodologies, provocative findings and bold implications, and will not shy away from difficult or controversial topics. Peer-reviewed and published ten times per year, the journal offers key informative content and interesting methodologies to stimulate the interests of business scholars, leaders, and professional managers around the world. Management Decision publishes rigorous qualitative and quantitative research by leading management scholars, dialogues and debates between proponents of conflicting points of view, and essays by influential and experienced practitioners.
Management Decision is indexed and abstracted in
ABI Inform, Academic Research Library, Book Review Digest, Business International and Company Profile ASAP, Business Periodicals Index, Business Source Alumni Edition/Complete/Government Edition/Corporate/Corporate Plus/Elite/Premier, Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Management & Marketing, Corporate Resource Net, Current Abstracts, DIALOG, Discovery, Emerald Management Reviews, European Business ASAP, Expanded Academic ASAP, Health Business Elite, INSPEC, International Academic Research Library, OCLC's Electronic Collections Online, ProQuest, PsychINFO, ReadCube Discover, Research Library, Scopus, Social Science Citation Index (ISI), TOC Premier (EBSCO)