Sustainability and Corporate Real Estate
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Corporate Real Estate
Guest Editor: Associate Professor Dr Sara Wilkinson, [email protected]
The Journal of Corporate Real Estate (JCRE) is pleased to announce a call for papers for a Special Issue devoted to papers focussed on sustainability from an occupiers’ point of view and the impact of sustainability choices on corporate real estate (CRE). CRE refers to work-related space that is occupied by the end user, and hence the aim of the Special Issue is to look at the challenges they face with the acquisition, management and disposal of space for their employees and visitors, and how to align CRE to organizational objectives and primary processes in the context of sustainability.
Papers should have a strong focus on developing the field of sustainability, and how that pertains to occupiers, and the impact on Corporate Real Estate research.
Suggested areas on how sustainability issues impact on Corporate Real Estate management include:
• CRE Strategies: concepts, models, tools in respect of sustainability and occupiers
• Strategic alignment of CRE strategy and corporate strategy and how CRE Managers should factor in sustainability issues
• Sustainability and CRE and Facilities Management
• CRE Portfolio Management: practices and re-alignment resulting from sustainability implementation
• Sustainable workplace management: objectives, concepts, implementation, outcomes
• Impact on Leasing and Acquisitions strategies, costings and tactics resulting from sustainability choices
• Strategic planning in respect of sustainability and occupiers
• Financial issues for CRE from changes sustainability has or may bring in
• Experience and use of sustainable corporate real estate
• Sustainability/green buildings
This list is not meant to be exhaustive. Interested authors are encouraged to contact the Guest Editor with alternative proposals.
High quality original papers are invited before the deadline below.
Deadline for submission is 31st March 2016
Submissions to JCRE are made using Manuscript Central. Registration and access is available at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jcre. When submitting your paper, you will be asked to select which issue you are submitting to, please select the title of the special issue ‘Sustainability and Corporate Real Estate’
Content of the paper needs to conform to the manuscript requirements of JCRE Journal and submitted papers must not be under review by any other journal. Please also refer to the ‘Author guidelines’ which you can access from the journal web site at: http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=jcre
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Guest Editor or Editorial team of JCRE.