Sustainable knowledge-based decision support systems for business performance improvement in real industrial environment
Special issue call for papers from Industrial Management & Data Systems
Special Issue on “Sustainable knowledge-based decision support systems (KB-DSS) for business performance improvement in real industrial environment” with “Industrial Management and Data Systems (IM&DS)”
Professor Shaofeng Liu, University of Plymouth, UK [email protected]
Professor Boris Delibasic, University of Belgrade, Serbia [email protected]
Associate Professor Lynne Butel, University of Plymouth, UK [email protected]
Dr Xue Han, University of Quebec, Canada [email protected]
About the Special Issue
This special issue (SI) focuses on one of the very crucial but under-developed areas in knowledge-based decision support systems (KB-DSS) for business performance improvement, namely how KB-DSS can help address sustainability and societal challenges in real business environment.
Specifically, it addresses the following questions:
- What are the key knowledge management support requirements and intelligent inference/reasoning/ learning capabilities of DSS in the current web-based, big data-driven, social network-supported, decision making context?
- How can KB-DSS support and improve business performance, facilitating the setting, monitoring and achieving economic, social and environmental (green) objectives?
- What empirical evidence is there of how KB-DSS has been applied to real decision making in different industrial environments?
The guest editors are seeking submissions featuring new insights into the following (but not limited to) topics:
- Sustainable knowledge-based decision support systems (KB-DSS): concepts, models and applications;
- Innovative approaches to knowledge reasoning/inferencing for business sustainability;
- Knowledge discovery technologies applied to sustainable strategic decision making;
- Organizational learning and knowledge sharing contribution to decision support and environmental/societal challenges;
- Knowledge networking and mobilization to improve organizational decision making;
- Lean and critical knowledge to improve business performance decisions;
- Knowledge chain management addressing sustainable supply network performance;
- Knowledge mining from big data to support sustainability decisions;
- Information fusion and simulation to help make green decisions;
- Web 2.0 and 3.0 based knowledge artefacts in the context of sustainable business decision making;
- Business performance management addressing economic, environmental (i.e. green) and social performance.
- Knowledge traceability for decision making
- Submission deadline: 30 September 2016
- Papers reviewed: 31 December 2016
- Revised papers reviewed and accepted: 28 February 2017
- Final versions of accepted papers delivered: 30 April 2017
Further guidance on submission
- Please read the publication style guidelines before submitting your paper
- Please submit your article using IMDS’s ScholarOne portal and select “Sustainable knowledge-based decision support systems (KB-DSS) for business performance improvement in real industrial environment” when it prompts to indicate the “Article Type” in the submission.
- If you have any question about the special issue or your intended submission, please contact the guest editors above
- Authors should contact [email protected] if they require any assistance. They must quote the journal name and special issue title with their enquiry.
About the journal
Industrial Management & Data Systems (IMDS) has an impact factor of 1.226 and provides the necessary information to enable managers to exploit the potential of new technology. It aims to improve understanding of all aspects of management activity such as management information systems, business process management and supply chain management. To find out more visit the homepage here.