Special issue on Management Control and Strategy
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Applied Accounting Research
Fabio Santini of University of Perugia, Italy
Riccardo Silvi of University of Bologna, Italy
The relationship between management control (MC) and strategy has been a growing interest in the last years. The accounting literature has indicated that control tools are not neutral with respect to business strategy and there is evidence that a matching of them can result in a higher competitive advantage and performance. This special issue aims to address some of the unresolved issues in the relation between MC and strategy. Among other aspects, submitted papers that deal with the following issues are particularly welcome:
- new/renewed taxonomies in business strategy analysis and planning;
- new/renewed perspectives on management control systems and business strategy;
- contingent analysis of the relationship between control and strategy;
- management control tools as a package to support the business strategy;
- relationship between control and strategy in different contexts (multinational companies, non profit organizations, local government);
- use of ad hoc research tools to investigate the informal substance of the relation between management control and strategy
- any other topic relating to the relation of MC and strategy.
Perspectives from different fields are encouraged, for example management control, business strategy, business organization, management, sociology, business economics.
Authors are advised to consider presenting their paper at conference before submitting to the special issue. If you missed the workshop in Perugia in March there is an opportunity to present at MARG at Aston on 19-20th November by submitting your paper to Melina Manochin by email to: [email protected]
Instructions for submission
The deadline for submissions is 31st December 2015, but papers may be submitted earlier for review. Manuscripts should be submitted on-line according to JAAR guidelines and should not exceed 8,000 words. Following initial screening manuscripts will be subjected to a standard peer review process. For more information see http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=jaar
Please submit your paper online via ScholarOne Manuscripts: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jaar. Create an author account, then follow the on-screen guidance which will take you through the submission process.