Brand Equity: Defining, Measuring and Managing Brand Equity - DEADLINE 30-06-2016
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Product & Brand Management
JOURNAL OF PRODUCT AND BRAND MANAGEMENT
SPECIAL ISSUE on Brand Equity: Defining, Measuring and Managing Brand Equity
Dr. Ravi Pappu, Associate Professor of Marketing, UQ Business School, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, Email: [email protected]
Professor George Christodoulides, Professor of Marketing & Head of Marketing Group, Department of Management, University of London, UK, Email: [email protected]
Despite extensive research and significant advances in our understanding of brand equity conceptualization (e.g. Aaker, 2001; Keller, 1993), measurement (e.g. Pappu et el. 2005) and management (e.g. Yoo et al. 2000) over the last three decades, important questions on brand equity still remain unanswered (Christodoulides and de Chernatony 2010).
We invite submissions on a broad range of issues in this regard, and welcome both conceptual and empirical contributions.
We encourage studies that examine innovative and even risky ideas, but demonstrate methodological rigor and provide credible empirical evidence. We invite studies that:
• Provide greater clarity regarding the conceptual domain of brand equity and its relationship with the numerous brand-related concepts (e.g. brand love, brand identification, brand attachment) in the literature.
• Offer new perspectives on brand equity, new brand equity models and new theories for explaining the phenomenon of brand equity.
• Provide new or improved methods of the measurement of brand equity of different entities (e.g. retailers, nonprofits, countries).
• Investigate new antecedents and or outcomes of brand equity as well as new mediators and or moderators.
• Offer greater insights regarding the dimensionality of the brand equity construct (i.e., number and nature of the dimensions) and discriminant validity of the plethora of brand equity dimensions proposed in the literature.
• Suggest new and effective ways (e.g. marketing communication, branding, strategic alliances, channel management, pricing, new product development) for developing and managing brand equity.
Some suggestions for broad themes include:
• Advertising and brand equity
• Brand extensions and brand equity
• Brand equity of human brands
• Brand identification and brand equity
• Brand loyalty and brand equity
• Celebrity endorsement and brand equity
• Cobranding and brand equity
• Consumer innovativeness and brand equity
• Country brand equity
• Customer satisfaction and brand equity
• Consumer emotions and brand equity
• Corporate social responsibility and brand equity
• Destination brand equity
• Innovation and brand equity
• Marketing communication and brand equity
• Managing brand equity
• Measuring brand equity
• Nonprofit brand equity
• Outcomes of brand equity
• Packaging and brand equity
• Perceived quality and brand equity
• Product design and brand equity
• Product placement and brand equity
• Retailer brand equity
• Sensory marketing and brand equity
• Services brand equity
• Sponsorship and brand equity
• Social media and brand equity
• Strategic alliances and brand equity
All papers need to be submitted online to the Special Issue on “Brand equity” through the ScholarOne System (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jpbm). For informal enquiries you can contact the guest editors.
Deadline for submissions: 30th June, 2016.
All papers need to be submitted online to the Special Issue on “Brand Equity: Defining, Measuring and Managing Brand Equity” through the ScholarOne System (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jpbm) after 1st April 2016.
Aaker, David (1991). Managing Brand Equity: Capitalizing on the Value of a Brand Name. Free Press: New York.
Christodoulides, George and Leslie de Chernatony (2010). ”Consumer Based Brand Equity Conceptualization and Measurement: A Literature Review”. International Journal of Market Research 52(1): 43-66.
Keller, Kevin (1993). “Conceptualizing, Measuring and Managing Customer-Based Brand Equity”. Journal of Marketing 57(1): 1–22.
Pappu, Ravi, Pascale G. Quester, and Ray W. Cooksey (2005). “Consumer‐based brand equity: improving the measurement – empirical evidence”. Journal of Product & Brand Management 14(3), 143-154.
Yoo, Boonghee, Naveen Donthu, and Sungho Lee (2000). “An Examination of Selected Marketing Mix Elements and Brand Equity”. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science 28(Spring), 195-211.