Strategic Leadership Across Multicultural Contexts
Special issue call for papers from European Business Review
Professor (Dr.) Ramanjeet Singh, Amity University, India
Professor Anders Pehrsson, Linnaeus University, Sweden
Guest Assistant Editor
Dr Hima Bindu Kota, Amity University, India
Leadership in Cross-cultural contexts is a well-studied topic, with a ten-year GLOBE Research Project to understand Culture and Leadership across 62 cultures surveying 17,000 middle managers across industries like banking, food processing and telecommunications, conducted by 160 scholars worldwide, from 1994 to 2004.
Globalization has brought to the fore an entire new way of doing business and there is a definite shift towards the making of a "global world". In this context, global management skills and abilities have become very imperative for organizational success and leadership in cross-cultural environment is an important factor.
There are several researches regarding charismatic leader (Grove, 2005 and Ladkin, 2006); leadership effectiveness in firms (Yuki, 2002); participative leadership (Indvik, 1986) and directive leadership. Furthermore, since there is no single definition of leadership (Bass, 1997; Chemers, 1997), studying leadership in cross-cultural environment is a complex, compelling and fascinating area of research.
This special edition, Strategic Leadership Across Multicultural Context, endeavours to provide an international platform to academicians, research scholars and practitioners from across the world to contribute their scholarly research and lead in the advancement of cross-cultural leadership concepts for the benefit of academia, business and society at large, by publishing theoretical, empirical, experimental and applied research.
Scholarly research contributions are invited from the following areas:
- Leadership behaviors, styles, skills and traits for managing diverse work teams
- Principles of Universal Leadership and application across diverse culture
- Role of Culture Specific leadership behavior in cross-cultural management
- Western and Eastern Leadership styles
- Applications of Hofstede's cultural dimensions like individualism-collectivism; masculinity-femininity; uncertainty avoidance; and power distance in multicultural groups
- Difference in leadership styles, patterns and management practices across several cultures
- The role of leadership in creating effective collaboration, building and developing trust between culturally diverse employees
- Theory of international acumen and implicit leadership across societal cultures
- Effects of emotional intelligence on leadership effectiveness in a cross-cultural environment
- Role of cross-cultural leadership in organizational structural changes through alliances and Joint Ventures
- Impact of cross-cultural leadership on corporate strategy
- Gender issues in cross-cultural leadership
- Role of Cross-cultural Leadership in managing innovation in creativity
- Managing diversity and providing equal opportunities in cross-cultural context
- Influence of different cultures on leadership behavior
- Effect of cross-cultural leadership and international marketing
- Fast changes in the cultural values and the primary determinants of culture change that are relevant for cross-cultural leadership
- Ethical leadership behavior in cross-cultural environment
- Role of leaders in effective cross-cultural communication, negotiation and conflict resolution
Research submissions must be submitted through ScholarOne, the online submission and review system- http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ebrev. Please ensure you select the correct special issue when submitting. The site will open for submissions shortly. Manuscripts should be prepared according to the Author Guidelines for European Business Review and will follow the journal's usual double-blind peer review process.
Submissions Deadline: 31 December 2015