Call for Papers - Launch
Journal call for papers from International Journal of Tourism Cities
Launch of the International Journal of Tourism Cities (IJTC)
Dear fellow tourism researchers,
We are very pleased to announce the launch of the International Journal of Tourism Cities by the International Tourism Studies Association (ITSA). IJTC has four distinct purposes:
1. To encourage greater research and scholarship related to tourism in urban settings.
2. To stimulate more interdisciplinary research on tourism in cities, particularly the integration of tourism and urban studies theories and principles.
3. To generate more research studies on tourism at the edge of cities, where urban and rural areas converge.
4. To create more literature on best practices in city tourism worldwide through in-depth analyses and the production of exemplary case studies.
IJTC is the official journal of the International Tourism Studies Association (ITSA). ITSA’s main objective is to bridge the gaps in tourism studies and research, education, and training between developed and developing countries. The Association is headquartered in Washington, DC, and its Secretariat Office is located at Peking University, Beijing, China.
IJTC is a multidisciplinary journal that focuses on all aspects of tourism within cities. The major disciplines and themes covered in the publication are:
• Anthropology and other social sciences
• Architecture and landscape architecture
• City tourism governance, coordination and organization
• Consumer behavior in urban contexts
• Culture and heritage
• Economic impacts of tourism on urban areas
• Environment, climate change and urban sustainable tourism development
• Events and cities
• Geographic studies, physical and human
• Impacts of urban tourism activity on city residents
• Marketing and branding of city tourism destinations
• Politics and tourism in cities
• Tourism planning and development in cities
• Tourist experiences in urban settings
• Transportation and tourism within cities
• Urban studies, urbanism and urban planning
IJTC publishes full-length research articles, case studies, and research notes. Full-length research articles are of 6,000-8,000 words (excluding figures and tables) and research notes of generally less than 3,000 words. Case studies may be longer and in the range of 10,000-15,000 words.
A double-blind review process is used for all submissions.
We especially encourage submissions of research on urban and city tourism from scholars in developing countries, and collaborative works by researchers in developed and developing countries. This is consistent with ITSA’s main objective.
IJTC is now accepting submissions and these can be directed to either or both our Editors-in-Chief:
Prof. Alastair M. Morrison, [email protected]
President, ITSA and Emeritus Distinguished Professor, Purdue University
Prof. Bihu “Tiger” Wu, [email protected]
Peking University, College of Urban and Environmental Science, International Center for Recreation and Tourism Research (ICRTR)