9th INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONFERENCE ON QUALITY, INNOVATION AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT (QIK 2009)
Conference call for papers from The TQM Journal
ABU DHABI, U.A.E.
FEBRUARY 8–11, 2009
“Applying our Knowledge and Experiences to Rapidly Developing Economies”
Much of our understanding of quality, innovation and knowledge management is based on the research and experiences from developed nations. There is now a substantial body of literature that we can draw upon and apply this knowledge to rapidly developing economies of the world. The overall aim of the conference is to establish a sound research base together with the experiences of practitioners in the field of quality, innovation and knowledge management. To achieve this end, we are inviting researchers and practitioners from around the world to gather in Abu Dhabi to present their research and experiences on a wide range of topics relating to quality, innovation and knowledge management with particular reference to the application of these key areas in rapidly developing economies.
A wide range of submissions to the conference will be encouraged with a particular emphasis placed on case studies and practical applications. The following list provides an example of the conference tracks envisaged but would encourage related topic areas:
• Case studies on innovative business practice
• Contributions on the role of government
• Studies of innovation and new product development
• Skills, training and the development of human capital
• Approaches to the provision of infrastructure
• Investigations of knowledge management in organisations
• The uses of quality and environmental management systems
• Quality in services, both public and private
• Supply chain management and logistics/reverse logistics
• Quality and innovation in higher education
• The role of quality, innovation and knowledge in achieving environmental sustainability
The conference program will include keynote presentations, panel discussion sessions, parallel paper sessions and workshops. A welcome reception and conference dinner are also included within the conference.
Submission of full refereed papers 1 August 2008
Submission of non-refereed papers and abstracts 1 September 2008
Registration opens 1 September 2008
Reviewer feedback for full papers 26 September 2008
Final deadline for amended full papers 31 October 2008
Conference Chair: Professor Amrik Sohal, Department of Management, Monash University, P.O. Box 197, Caulfield East VIC 3145, Australia.
Tel: +61 3 9903 2033, E-mail: [email protected]
or email: [email protected]