Special Issue on Corporate Governance
Special issue call for papers from Management Research Review
Niccolò Gordini, Lerong He, James Cordeiro
This special issue is designed to spotlight contemporary research on corporate governance, with preference given to research emphasizing corporate governance in a global context and related issues such as the global financial crisis.
Previous research on corporate governance has been focused principally at the national level, with relatively limited consideration given to the role of corporate governance in global markets. As business activities continue to expand globally, however, the relevance and implication of corporate governance theories, mechanisms and models that were originally developed, applied, and tested in an Anglo-American context merits revisiting, for example, in terms of the applicabiliity and convergence of corporate governance models in non-Western contexts, and in terms of global events that provide valuable natural experiments such as the signature governance reforms in the recent past in China and India, and the global financial crisis.
The Special Issue provides an opportunity for contributors to spotlight their contributions to the broad fields of business and economics, political science, and law in terms of corporate governance. Within business and economics, contributions from the sub-fields of accounting, finance, economics, law, marketing, supply chain, international business and management are all welcome.
While a focus on corporate goverrnance is a critical requirement, preference will be shown to research focused on corporate governance in global markets, in terms of new perspectives, issues of applicability and convergence of Anglo-American corporate governance practices in new national contexts, the role governance plays in terms of promoting or retarding CSR efforts, and to corporate governance’s responsibilty for and its role as an instrument to respond effectively to the global financial crisis.
- Deadline for Submission of Papers: March 15, 2015
- Notification of Decision: July 10, 2015
- Final Papers Due: August 31, 2015
- Expected Publication Date: December, 2015
This special issue particularly welcomes papers that span theoretical boundaries and disciplines to create new perspectives that improve our knowledge of the theories, mechanisms, models, and characteristics of corporate governance especially in the context of global markets, and also the global financial crisis.
We encourage the submission of empirical, conceptual and literature review papers that are multidisciplinary in scope and interdisciplinary in content and methodology, and are cutting-edge research, breaking new conceptual ground and addressing real-world phenomena. Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Corporate Governance Theories, Models, Characteristics, Metrics, and Mechanisms (e.g. board structure, process and interlocks; compensation and incentives, ownership), especially as applied to Global Markets;
- Special challenges for Corporate Governance in Global Markets;
- Role and Responsibility of Corporate Governance and related activities (e.g. risk management, turnaround process, corporate governance communication) and the Global Financial Crisis;
- Cross-National and Cross-Cultural differences in Corporate Governance;
- Governance of Public and Nonprofit Organization, especially in the context of Global Markets;
- Governance Challenges unique to Business Groups, Family Business, and Secondary Agency Problems in Global Markets;
- The Relationship between Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance, especially in the context of Global Markets.
Management Research Review, published by Emerald, is a peer reviewed academic journal, which has been in publication for over 37 years. Its emphasis is to publish internationally focused management research studies that have timely results and implications of research, with rapid feedback and turnaround time.
Guidelines for Authors
Articles should be about 6,000-8000 words in length, longer papers will be considered. Further information and guidelines for authors are listed at:
Submissions to be made via the journal website at mc.manuscriptcentral.com/mrr. Please make sure in your communications and covering letter to identify that your submission is for the “Special Issue on Corporate Governance”.
Guest Co-Editors Contact Details
Niccolò Gordini, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, University of Milan-Bicocca, email: [email protected]
Lerong He, Ph.D., Associate Professor, State University of New York, College at Brockport, email: [email protected]
James Cordeiro, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, State University of New York, College at Brockport, email: [email protected]