The Third International Agricultural Risk, Finance and Insurance Conference - 22nd-24th June 2014, Zurich
The Waterloo Research Institute in Insurance, Securities and Quantitative Finance, University of Waterloo announces the 3rd International Agricultural Risk, Finance, and Isurance Conference (IARFIC) to be held at the new Allianz Suisse Headquarters in Wallisellen, Zurich, Switzerland, from June 22nd-24th, 2014.
IARFIC is a unique venue that brings together leaders in agriculture, finance, and risk management, across disciplines, and across borders, tackling very important and timely topics in an effort to maintain a stron agricultural sector and improve global food security. The theme of the conference is "Agricultural Risk, Fianance, Insurance and Actuarial Science". The conference will include a dynamic program with high quality speakers focusing on innovative research, policy discussions, and business challenges and successes. The conference will also feature four "big picture" unique plenary sessions, with representation from Academia, Government, the Private Sector, Stakeholders, NGOs, and others.
ORGANIZER: Waterloo Research Institute in Insurance, Securities and Quantitative Finance (WatRISQ),University of Waterloo, Canada.
CO-‐ORGANIZER:China Institute for Actuarial Science (CIAS), China, Central University of Finance and Economics, China, and the University of Manitoba, Canada.
High-quality papers presented at the conference can be submitted for consideration to be published in the Special issue of Agricultural Finance Review. All papers will be subject to the journal review process. The deadline for submitting the full paper is October 31, 2014.
• Milton Boyd, University of Manitoba
• Keith Coble, Mississippi State University
• Xiaolin Li, Central University of Finance and Economics
• Lysa Porth, University of Manitoba, University of Waterloo
• Ken Seng Tan, University of Waterloo,Central University of Finance and Economics
• Harry Tuo, Capital University of Economics and Business
• Calum Turvey, Cornell University
• Holly Wang, Purdue University
• Joshua Woodard, Cornell University
• Qiao Zhang, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Science
• Xianhua Zhou, Central University of Finance and Economics
Hosted at the new Allianz Suisse Headquarters in Wallisellen, Zurich, Switerland: Richtiplatz 1, 8304 Wallisellen. Zurich is an ideal location for this event as it is home to many of te specialty agricultural units for the world's leading reinsurers.
Please visit www.iarfic.org for more information.