Special Issue of the Journal of Risk Finance: Corporate Governance: Responses after the Financial Crisis
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Risk Finance
Corporate Governance: Responses after the Financial Crisis
Guest Editor: Professor Tom Berglund, Hanken Centre of Corporate Governance, Hanken School of Economics, Finland. Email:[email protected]
Improved corporate governance and risk management are viewed as necessary processes in order for the global financial system to recover from the financial crisis. The Journal of Risk Finance invites papers that deal with topics related to corporate governance and risk finance in relation to the recent financial crisis. This issue will cover corporate governance papers on firms that produce financial services.
The Special Issue welcomes papers that look at various aspects of the global financial crisis and corporate governance and risk management. Possible paper topics include, but are not limited to:
- Improving regulatory oversight.
- Suitable metrics to monitor board composition and business strategy.
- Establishing sound risk management practices.
- Basel III framework and risk weighting issues.
- Risk appetite and strategy. Is it balanced? Well formulated post-crisis?
- Risk governance
- Enterprise risk management practices.
- Improving company disclosure.
- Remuneration systems.
- Shareholder activism issues.
- Cross country differences in corporate risk governance practices.
- The business group model vs. the capital markets model in emerging and developed countries.
Authors should submit papers electronically online to the Journal of Risk Finance at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jrf. Please read the author guidelines beforehand at http://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=jrf .
All papers will be refereed and the first review will be completed within 100 days of the receipt of the manuscript. There is no submission fee. The deadline for submission is: October 1, 2014. The Journal will publish the special issue in 2015.
For more information on the Journal of Risk Finance, please visit www.emeraldinsight.com/jrf.htm