Listening To Consumers of Emerging Markets
Conference call for papers from Marketing Intelligence & Planning
Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies announces Call for Papers
Introduction and Theme
The Organizing Committee of the 2014 Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference invites you to submit extended abstracts to the conference on the theme of Listening to Consumers of Emerging Markets. The annual conferences of the Emerging Markets Conference Board bring together scholars from around the world with a goal of advancing the understanding of marketing in emerging markets and facilitating collaboration on emerging markets research. The Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies (CMEE) is proud to organize the 2014 Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference Board at the IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus in Noida, India on 9-11 January 2014.
Marketing Intelligence & Planning aims to provide a vehicle that will help marketing managers put research and plans into action. Users of research need to communicate with those who undertake research about their problems. The journal intends to publish articles on how information gathered by researchers has been processed and translated into action plans. At its most fundamental level, marketing is about selling. Within that broad description lays a wealth of skills encompassing information-gathering, data interpretation, consumer psychology, technological resource knowledge, demographics and the marshalling of human and technical resources to create a powerful strategy. More and more professionals in the field are acquiring skills at more sophisticated levels to enable them to compete in an increasingly tough commercial climate; this journal is one way of acquiring those skills to keep you ahead of the field. The basic principle is to encourage communications between marketing managers and researchers, to be positioned right at the academic-practitioner interface.
The Conference is organized into fourteen tracks, carefully designed around the theme “Listening to Consumers in Emerging Markets”. You may organize your paper into one of the following tracks for the purpose of the Conference:
1. Understanding Consumer Buying Behavior by Listening to the Voice of the Customer
2. Managing Customer Relationships in Emerging Markets - Learning from Customers
3. Understanding Cross-cultural Issues in the design and Implementation of Marketing Strategy
4. Developing Winning Channel Strategy by Listening to Customers
5. Using Voice of the Customer in Developing Digital Marketing Strategy
6. Enhancing the effectiveness of marketing communications through Customer Insights
7. Developing winning Personal Selling and Sales Management strategy by Listening to the Customer
8. Strengthening company Products and Brands through the voice of the customers
9. Marketing Research Methods and Tools to capture the voice of the customers
10. Retail Strategies to Attract Footfalls in Highly Competitive Market
11. Increasing the effectiveness of services marketing by listening from consumers
12. Linking Technology, Product Innovation, and B2B Markets with Customer Voice
13. Incorporating Voice of the Customer in Teaching Marketing Management
14. Developing Successful Marketing Strategy on Emerging Issues in Marketing by Listening to the Voice of Consumers
Submission of the abstract will be made in Microsoft Word format to the Conference Co-ordination Committee, no later than September 15, 2013. The electronic copy should be mailed to [email protected]. Authors will be notified of acceptance by October 30, 2013. Abstracts will be blind reviewed and only those abstracts approved by the reviewers will be selected. Selection of papers for presentation will be based on extended abstracts which must include a clear indication of the purpose of research methodology, major results, implications, and key references. The author(s) should clearly mention under what track of the conference the abstract is to be included. The author(s) should strictly adhere to Author Guidelines.
Abstract Submission September 15, 2013
Communication of Acceptance October 30, 2013
Submission of Full Length Paper (For publication in special issues) November 30, 2013
Last date for Registration January 04, 2014 *
Pre-conference Workshop January 8-9, 2014
Conference Inaugural Session January 09, 2014
Valedictory Session January 11, 2014
Best Paper Award
Best Paper Award will be given to recognize the outstanding contribution in the field of marketing in emerging economies. The paper should clearly emphasize on the theme of the conference.
A selection of the best conference papers will also be considered for publication in the special issue of Marketing Intelligence & Planning. Presenters interested in publication will be expected to prepare their presentations and abstracts as full papers following the conference. Outstanding papers which follow the Journal objectives will be given preference to be published in the Special Issue of Marketing Intelligence & Planning after final revisions and Editor Approval.