Opportunities to publish
Journal call for papers from Disaster Prevention and Management
Dr JC Gaillard, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
Professor Emmanuel Luna, University of the Philippines, Philippines
Papers are invited for assessment by Disaster Prevention and Management, an environment journal that sets out to advance the available knowledge in the broad field of disaster risk reduction and management.
The prime requirement will be that each article:
- makes a significant original contribution to the field
- is directly relevant to disaster risk reduction and management
- contains elements which have general application
- is within the scope of the journal coverage
- has generally not been published previously except in very limited circulation
The journal publishes conceptual and theoretical reflections, methodological contributions, policy and practice briefings, case studies, and reports from the field. Book reviews are also most welcome. Reviewers are encouraged to send their review to the book author(s) to solicit a reply, which will be published along the review.
Target areas include but are not limited to the following:
- disaster risk reduction and management
- hazards and disasters studies
- climate change adaptation
- socio-economic aspects/impacts of disasters
- disasters and vulnerable groups
Submit a paper
Submissions to DPM are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/dpm Papers must not exceed 4000 words.
More information, including author guidelines, is available at: www.emeraldinsight.com/dpm.htm