Third Call for Papers for The CRIOCM2012 International Symposium on “Advancement of Construction Management and Real Estate”
Conference call for papers from Construction Innovation
The Chinese Research Institute of Construction Management (CRIOCM) in collaboration with Shenzhen University (SZU) proudly invites all academics,researchers, professionals to participate in the CRIOCM 2012, the 17th International Symposium on "Advancement of Construction Management and Real Estate", which will take place on November 17th and 18th.
Main Symposium Themes
- Sustainable Construction (CM01) Xichong Beach
- Urban Construction and Land Use (CM02)
- Housing Policy and Real Estate Market Development (CM03)
- Project Management and Facility Management (CM04)
- Safety, Risk and Value Management in Construction (CM05)
- Construction Innovation and Knowledge Management (CM06)
- Traffic Planning, Logistics and Supply Chain Management (CM07)
- Informatization and Information Technology in Construction (CM08)
- Professional Education for Real Estate and Construction Management (CM09)
- Green Construction Materials and Construction Waste Recycling (CM10)
- Research Methods in Construction Management and Real Estate (CM11)
- Other themes (CM12)
The Symposium also invites papers that may not fit particularly well within the themes indicated above. The only requirement is to have all papers relate in some way to the overall construction and real estate sectors.
Submission of Papers
- All papers must be written in English. References in Chinese and other languages should be translated into English as well.
- Paper size: Paper should not exceed 6 pages (including tables and diagrams).
- For detailed formatting instructions, please see paper format and details, which can be downloaded from http://www.bre.polyu.edu.hk/criocm.
- An author can submit no more than 2 first-authorship papers and the maximum number of non-first-authorship papers is limited to four.
- Paper preparation should comply with the editing formats by using Office version Microsoft Word 2003 or more advanced version.
Abstract and Paper Submission
- All abstracts and papers should be emailed to [email protected]. The organizing committee will reply confirmation upon receiving of the emails.
- The number of authors in a paper is limited to 3 (with including their titles, academic degrees, main research directions, contact information and E-mail addresses).
- Please indicate the number of the themes when submit abstracts and papers e.g."CM05-Construction safety management: a case study".
- Papers will be selected through peer review process.
- June 30, 2012: Full paper submission, for review (no more than 10 pages in Springer format)
- July 31, 2012: Notification of acceptance of paper
- August 20, 2012: Final manuscript submission, for publication
All accepted papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings which will be formally published by Springer (softcopy and hardcopy) and the Proceedings will be submitted for the inclusion of the Proceedings in ISTP Catalog. Inclusion of the Proceedings in EI Catalog will be applied by Springer.
Selected papers will be further reviewed and considered for a special issue of the International Journal of Construction Management after CRIOCM2012.
At the conference, selected best papers will be awarded for CRIOCM annual best paper prize.
Language and Format
English/ Chinese according to needs
Proposed Symposium Format
Registration: Friday 16th November
Symposium Day 1: Saturday 17th November - Symposium Open, Keynote Speeches, Oral Sessions
Symposium Day 2: Sunday 18th November - Oral Sessions, Symposium Close
All attendees must register and pay the conference registration fee or submit a signed written application(fax or send the scan picture to the organizing committee) before August 10, 2012 to ensure your papers included in Proceedings. All full delegates will have one-month online free access to 9 construction management and real estate related journals published by Emerald. All full delegate rates include: registration to all sessions of the symposium, all refreshment and meal breaks, a full copy of the published proceedings, the symposium dinner.
Registration on or before August 10, 2012
- RMB2000/person or US$320/person (normal delegate, paper included in Proceedings)
- RMB1800/person or US$285/person (Annual fee paid CRIOCM Member and student registration, paper included in Proceedings)
- RMB1200/person or US$190/person (attending symposium only)
- RMB1000/person or US$160/person (Student delegate attending symposium only, or non-first student authors)
Registration after August 10, 2012
- RMB2500/person or US$395/person (normal delegate, paper included in Proceedings)
- RMB2300/person or US$365/person (Annual fee paid CRIOCM Member and student registration, paper included in Proceedings
- RMB1500/person or US$240/person (attending symposium only)
- RMB1200/person or US$190/person (Student delegate attending symposium only, or non-first student authors)
Once full paper is accepted, registration form including fee payment instruction will be emailed to symposium attendees.
Cancellation and transfer policy
If you are unable to attend, a substitute participant/presenter is allowed at no extra cost, provided that written notice is given one month prior to the event. Any refund owing to cancellation will not be entertained.
2012/06/30 Deadline of Full Paper submission, for review
2012/07/31 Notification of acceptance
2012/08/01 Symposium registration opens
2012/08/20 Final paper submission for publication
2012/11/16 CRIOCM2012 Check in
2012/11/17 CRIOCM2012 Open
2012/11/18 CRIOCM2012 Close
Symposium administration email
CRIOCM 2012 International Research Symposium
Department of Construction Management & Real estate
College of Civil Engineering
Nanhai Ave 3688
P. R. China
Dr. Ding Zhi-Kun