Call for papers: International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies
Journal call for papers from International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies
Call for papers
New Journal in 2012
International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies
Co-Editors: Professor John Elliot, University of East Anglia, UK and Professor Lo Mun Ling, Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong
We are currently seeking papers for inclusion in the International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies (IJLLS) – the official journal of the World Association of Lesson Studies. IJLLS is an exciting new title which show-cases cutting-edge contemporary research in the field of lesson and learning studies.
Editorial scope and objectives:
The journal will publish lesson and learning studies that are pedagogically aimed at improving the quality of teaching and learning in formal educational settings. These may take the form of action research, design experiments, formative evaluations or pedagogical research more generally that is designed to foster a democratic, discursive and action oriented inquiry process. The journal will be particularly interested in publishing lesson and learning studies that are collaboratively constructed and dialogically forged with teachers and their students.
Contributions will address such issues as:
• What constitutes quality in learning and how can it be evidenced and assessed?
• How do we conceptualise the relationship between the achievement and the process aspects of learning?
• What are the major constraints on efforts to improve the quality of learning in formal education, and how might they be overcome?
• What new possibilities of action to resolve persistent educational problems can now be imagined?
The editors are confident that the journal will have very wide appeal at a time when educational policy, leadership and practice across the world is increasingly focused on the quality of the learning experiences provided to learners in formal education settings.
Key Journal Audiences:
• education researchers
• teacher educators
• educational practitioners and leaders
• members of the education policy community
Submit a paper:
Submissions to IJLLS are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijlls
More information, including author guidelines, can be found at: www.emeraldinsight.com/ijlls.htm