Special Issue on Islamic Finance in North Africa: What does the present and future hold?
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research
A special issue of Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research
Special Guest Editor:
Neila BOULILA TAKTAK - Higher School of Economic and Commercial Sciences of Tunis (ESSEC Tunis), Tunisia.
Islamic finance is still struggling to start even in North African countries with Muslim majorities. Despite its importance in the economic recovery and wealth creation, the Islamic banking sector is nonexistent in Morocco and Libya, representing less than 2% of the total assets in Tunisia, Algeria and Mauritania and about 4.9% in Egypt.
However, in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries, the situation is different as Islamic finance is more developed. For example, the rate of sharia compliant assets relative to total assets is about 61% and 100% in Saudi Arabia and Iran respectively. So, why is Islamic finance relatively absent in North Africa? What are the prospects for this kind of finance? How can Islamic Finance contribute to economic recovery? What is the potential role of zakat fund to reduce unemployment?
Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research dedicates a special issue to discuss all these questions. Topics of interest may include but are not limited to:
- Islamic finance and economic development
- Islamic Banking: Case Studies
- Islamic Accounting
- Shariah Auditing
- Critical Analysis of Components of Islamic Banking
- Islamic finance: behavioral aspects
- Legal contracts: the Islamic finance perspective
- Comparative Study of Islamic banks v Non Islamic banks
- The Future of Islamic Financial systems
- Analysis of the Growth of Islamic Banking in the North Africa countries
- Islamic Corporate Governance
- Islamic Social Responsibility
- Internal/ External Audit in Islamic-based entities
- Accounting for Takaful
- Islamic Microfinance
- Strategic Management from the Islamic Perspective
- Taxation and Zakat Accounting
- Intellectual Capital in Islamic Organizations
- Takaful and insurance
Important Date - Manuscript deadline: 31 July, 2012
All manuscripts should be submitted via our online submission system Scholar One Manuscripts http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jiabr
Please select the relevant special issue when uploading your paper.
Please read the journal author guidelines before submitting your paper: www.emeraldinsight.com/jiabr.htm