Call for submissions to the IJSI-2012 1st International Conference
Conference call for papers from International Journal of Structural Integrity
JUNE 25-28, 2012, FACULDADE DE ENGENHARIA, DA UNIVERSIDADE DO PORTO, PORTUGAL
Submission of abstracts/NOVEMBER 15, 2011 (To be submitted online)
Notification of acceptance/January 5, 2012
Deadline for early registration/January 31, 2012
Submission of full-papers/March 15, 2012
Conference/June 25-28, 2012
MOTIVATION AND TOPICS
The International Journal of Structural Integrity - IJSI was launched in 2010 and is published in partnership with the European Aeronautics Science Network - EASN. The ISJI aims at a broad coverage of structural integrity issues, including material characterizations from the fracture and fatigue points to view, numerical modelling of those phenomena in materials and real structures, failure analysis methodologies and structural integrity evaluation criteria. The journal provides a forum for the key players in this broad area of science and technology, as universities, research institutes, manufacturing industry, legislative bodies and government agencies, SMEs, consultancy and maintenance companies.
Occasionally scientific meetings are sponsored or even organized by the journal, as this 1st International Conference which will take place in Porto, Portugal. The conference aims at being a forum for discussion of current trends of research in structural integrity, in aeronautics and space, but also in other sectors of engineering where structural integrity is a key concern.
The conference topics are aligned with the IJSI coverage, and include but are not limited to:
- Advances in Fracture Analysis
- Coating Technology and Structural Performance
- Design and Structural Assessment of Metallic and Composite Structures
- Durability of Electronic Materials
- Durability of Metallic and Composite Structures
- Environmental Effects and Structural Performance
- Evaluation of Joining Technologies
- Examination of Computational Codes for Stress Analysis and Damage Tolerance
- Nanomechanics and nanomaterials
- Non-destructive testing
- Probabilistic Approach to Damage Tolerance
- Repair Technologies
- Scale Effects
- Structural Ageing
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Structural Integrity
- Structural Performance Evaluation of Metals, Composites, Hybrids and
- Surface Engineering and Structural Performance
INVITED KEY NOTE SPEAKERS
There will be plenary lectures delivered by distinguished researchers (to be announced).
- Chris Rodopoulos, Monash University, Australia, and IJSI editor-in-chief,
- Fernanda Fonseca, Faculdade do Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- Lucas F. M. da Silva, Faculdade do Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- Paulo M. S. T. de Castro, Faculdade do Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- Pedro M. G. P. Moreira, Instituto de Engenharia e Gestão Industrial, Porto, Portugal
- Pedro P. Camanho, Faculdade do Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Portugal
Includes attendance of all technical sessions, proceedings CD, lunches, coffee breaks, the conference dinner and tour of Minho region.
UP TO JANUARY 31, 2012
Delegate 500 Euro (member of EASN or SPM – 400 Euros).
Student 300 Euro (member of EASN or SPM – 240 Euros).
AFTER JANUARY 31, 2012
Delegate 600 Euro (member of EASN or SPM – 480 Euros).
Student 360 Euro (member of EASN or SPM – 300 Euros).
Selected papers will be published in a special issue of the International Journal of Structural Integrity.
It is foreseen to organize a best paper prize, best student paper prize, and best picture prize.
Abstracts and papers will be written in English. The conference language is English.
During the conference space will be available for a technical exhibition of equipments, services and software related to structural integrity. Companies and organizations interested should inform the conference chair of their intention as early as possible.
Ms. Fernanda Fonseca
Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica
Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto
Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 4200-465
tel.: +351 22 508 1716
fax: +351 22 508 1445
email: [email protected]