Call for papers: Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development
Journal call for papers from Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development
We are currently considering papers for inclusion in the Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development (JCHMSD), an exciting new title co-edited by Ana Pereira Roders, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands and Ron van Oers, UNESCO World Heritage Centre, France
JCHMSD stimulates and encourages research devoted to the sustainable development of cultural heritage and to the positive contribution of cultural heritage management towards a sustainable environment.
Editorial scope and objectives:
The journal seeks to publish high-quality articles on immovable cultural heritage and its role in sustainable development, as well as the sustainable development of immovable cultural heritage. Immovable cultural heritage ranges from cultural landscapes to monuments. Other relevant dimensions of cultural heritage will also be considered for publication, e.g. rural cultural heritage, indigenous cultural heritage management. The journal welcomes a range of theoretical and practical papers based upon quantitative and qualitative methodological approaches. It disseminates the results of innovative research and practices, contributing to the improvement of current practices while developing and applying new/emerging practices.
Coverage includes, but is not limited to:
- Cultural heritage – assessment, management, marketing and publicity, tangible and intangible dimensions
- Sustainable development – preservation, conservation, restoration, rehabilitation, reconstruction, demolition, best practices, unsustainable development and consequent threats e.g. urban developments, large-scale agriculture, mining activity
- Cultural heritage and sustainable development – legislation, Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment, effects of climate change, ecological sustainability, social sustainability, economic sustainability
- The role of research and scholarship
- Teaching & curriculum development.
Submit a paper
Submissions to the Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development are made using the journal's online submission and peer review system: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jchmsd
More information, including full author guidelines, can be found at: www.emeraldinsight.com/jchmsd.htm