Special Issue: "Current Issues in Educational Management and Leadership"
Journal call for papers from Journal of Management Development
Volume 30 Issue 10, December 2011
Special Issue Guest Editor: Kadir Beycioglu, PhD, Dokuz Eylul University
We invite you to submit articles for a special issue on Current Issues in Educational Management and Leadership which will be published in the Journal of Management Development which is published by Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
This issue will focus on current issues in educational administration and leadership to enhance the field of school management thinking, practice, and research. The core objective of this issue is to provide the latest research based on the first-hand experience, observation and knowledge of scholars and educators in the field in order to form an international matter of discussion for all those working in the field of educational administration and leadership.
Contributions will therefore be welcomed from practitioners, academics and professionals. 3,500-5,000 words articles, about 7-10, should be of a conceptual/theoretical nature that includes practical application, based on practical experience/research, report a case study situation, or any combination which aim to make a significant original contribution to the field. Topics to be discussed in this special issue will include (but are not limited to) the following current issues on:
- The theoretical administrative and organizational foundations of management and leadership of educational programs and institutions.
- The development of educational administration, school leadership preparation programs.
- Leadership issues on current developments in the field such as distributed leadership and teacher leadership.
- The development and use of effective interpersonal communication skills, supportive work climates, personnel motivation, conflict management skills, and role of values, attitudes, and expectations in school administration.
- School/community relations in political context of modern, complex society. Administrator and supervisory competencies: political, social, ethnic, cultural, and racial environments in which schools operate.
- Financial management tasks and procedures in school setting.
- Basic supervisory and personnel concepts and related competencies at the micro-organizational level: interviewing, personnel planning, collecting and maintaining employee information, supervision of personnel, performance appraisal and staff development, recruitment, selection, placement, personnel policies, employee wage and salary administration, human relations, staff development, and staff evaluation.
- Knowledge, skills and relationships for principals to be effective educational leaders in schools.
- Development of research, evaluation, policy analysis skills and critical analysis and evaluation of philosophical principles in the field of educational administration and leadership.
- Values and ethics in educational administration and leadership.
- Concepts and theoretical formulations to understand, analyze, evaluate, and change complex educational programs and organizations
- Equipping aspiring school leaders with practical and theoretical knowledge of various curriculum models that might be used to foster instructional leadership and enhance school improvement initiatives.
- The new technological development and its output in management development and school leadership
This special issue will be edited by Kadir Beycioglu who will be pleased to comment on abstracts or answer queries. Please send questions, abstracts or completed articles for review to Kadir Beycioglu indicating clearly that you wish the work to be considered for the special edition on ‘Current Issues in Educational Management and Leadership’.
Time line for articles for the special issue:
1 February 2011: Deadline for submission of papers for the special issue
31 July 2011: Final articles to publisher
December 2011: Special Issue published
This issue will be managed through ScholarOne Manuscripts – for instructions on submissions see http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jmd