Special Issue of the Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance: Asian Financial Markets
Emerald Group Publishing is pleased to announce the publication of a Special Issue in the Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance on the subject:
Asian Financial Markets, Vol. 17 No. 1, 2009
Guest-Edited by: Kevin Keasey and Charlie Cai, Leeds University Business School, University of Leeds, UK.
This special issue is available through Emerald Management Xtra as JFRC, Vol. 17 No. 1, 2009
This special issue of the Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance addresses the financial and banking markets in Asia, with
particular focus on China, Japan and Malaysia. As Guest Editor Charlie Cai asserts, “given the rise of Far Eastern economies as significant global players and the changing landscape of global economic and financial markets, the timing of this issue could not have been better. As the world economy continues to adjust to the credit crisis, with consequences for all countries across the global (witness manufacturing companies in China laying off thousands of workers as the rest of the world reins in its spending), understanding different aspects of the Asian financial system is ever more important”.
Table of Contents
• Guest Editorial - Kevin Keasey and Charlie Cai
• Chinese investment goes global: The China Investment Corporation - Charlie Cai and Iain Clacher
• Japan: the banks are back! Or are they? - Maximilian J. B. Hall
• Multinational banking in China after WTO accession: a survey - Chen Meng
• An overview and assessment of the reform of the nontradable shares of Chinese state-owned Enterprise A: share issuers - Paul B. McGuiness
• Market risk disclosure: evidence from Malaysian listed firms - Radiah Othman and Rashid Ameer
This Special Issue is available for purchase in the Emerald Shop