Tourism Social Science Series
Editor: Jafar Jafari
Subject: Tourism and Hospitality (view other series in this subject area)
Volumes from this series are included in the
Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index
Information: Author guidelines | Publication ethics
Other: Recommend this book series
Online access: Online table of contents | Latest Volume RSS
Aims and Scope
The books in this Tourism Social Science Series (TSSSeries) are intended to systematically and cumulatively contribute to the formation, embodiment, and advancement of knowledge in the field of tourism.
The TSSSeries' multidisciplinary framework and treatment of tourism includes application of theoretical, methodological, and substantive contributions from such fields as anthropology, business administration, ecology, economics, geography, history, hospitality, leisure, planning, political science, psychology, recreation, religion, sociology, transportation, etc., but it significantly favors state-of-the-art presentations, works featuring new directions, and especially the cross-fertilization of perspectives beyond each of these singular fields.
While the development and production of this book series is fashioned after the successful model of Annals of Tourism Research, the TSSSeries further aspires to assure each theme a comprehensiveness possible only in book-length academic treatment. Each volume in the series is intended to deal with a particular aspect of this increasingly important subject, thus to play a definitive role in enlarging and strengthening the foundation of knowledge in the field of tourism, and consequently to expand its frontiers into the new research and scholarship horizons ahead.
Recent Volumes Include:
Volume 23. Social Conflict and Harmony: Tourism in China's Multi-ethnic Communities
Volume 22. Tourism Research Paradigms: Critical and Emergent Knowledge
Volume 21. Tourism Education: Global Issues and Trends
Volume 20. Tourism Research Frontiers: Beyond the Boundaries of Knowledge
Annals of Tourism Research takes a look at TSSSeries Volume 17
Jafar Jafari is Founding Editor of Annals of Tourism Research; Chief Editor of Tourism Social Science [book] Series; Co-Editor of Bridging Tourism Theory and Practice book series; Chief Editor of Encyclopedia of Tourism; Co-Founding Editor of Information Technology & Tourism; Co-Founder of TRINET: Tourism Research Information Network; and Founding President of International Academy for the Study of Tourism. A cultural anthropologist (PhD, University of Minnesota, USA) and a hotel administration graduate (BS and MS, Cornell University, USA), with an honorary doctorate from the Universitat de les Illes Balears (Spain) and the recipient of the 2005 United Nations World Tourism Organization Ulysses Award, he is a faculty member of the University of Wisconsin-Stout Department of Hospitality and Tourism (USA).
Tourism Social Science Series is now indexed in Scopus.
Editorial Contact Details
University of Wisconsin-Stout
This publication adopts the Emerald Publication Ethics guidelines which fully support the development of, and practical application of consistent ethical standards throughout the scholarly publishing community.
If you are a subscriber, please follow the link below to access your subscribed content. For purchase options please contact [email protected].
Print copy & more information
For more information about any of the volumes listed below, or to purchase a print copy, please click on the relevant volume title:
- Social Conflict and Harmony: Tourism in China's Multi-Ethnic Communities, Volume 23
- Tourism Research Paradigms: Critical and Emergent Knowledges, Volume 22
- Tourism Education Global Issues and Trends, Volume 21
- Beyond The Boundaries of Knowledge, Volume 20
- Geographies of Tourism: European Research Perspectives, Volume 19
- Tourism Social Media: Transformations in Identity, Community and Culture, Volume 18
- Culture and Society in Tourism Contexts, Volume 17
- The Discovery of Tourism Economics, Volume 16
- The Study of Tourism: Foundations from Psychology, Volume 15
- Modern Mass Tourism, Volume 14
- The Discovery of Tourism, Volume 13
- The Sociology of Tourism: European Origins and Developments, Volume 12
- Explorations in Thai Tourism, Volume 11
- Identity Tourism, Volume 10
- The Study of Tourism, Volume 9
- Contemporary Tourism, Volume 8
- Empowerment for Sustainable Tourism Development, Volume 7
- Exporting Paradise, Volume 6
- Tourism and Modernity, Volume 5
- Tourism Community Relationships, Volume 4
- Tourism and Religion, Volume 3
- Leisure Migration: A Sociological Study on Tourism, Volume 2
- Anthropology of Tourism, Volume 1
- History of Tourism Thought: Social Science Beginnings