Tourism and Business Research from Asia and Beyond
Special issue call for papers from International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research
Dr Roberto B. Gozzoli (Mahidol University International College, Tourism and Hospitality Management Division, Thailand)
and Professor Timo Ohnmacht (Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, School of Business, Switzerland)
As the most recent trade dispute between USA and China demonstrates, Asia represents the next economic force within worldwide economy. Among the various service sector, tourism represents one of the major sources of incomes for many countries in the region. From an academic point of view, however, business models and tourism perspectives within Asia in general have been underrepresented. Recent political opening or the lack of substantial academic research make an entire geographical area spanning from Pakistan and India on one side, and Philippines and Polynesia on the other as territories of academic (re)discoveries. We therefore invite contributions relative to business and tourism from authors working with this geographic area.
In this special thematic issue on ‘Tourism and Business Research from Asia and Beyond’, the guest editors and the editors of the International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research encourage potential contributors to explore and examine the following three topics and relative sub-topics:
- Theoretical underpinnings of innovation management
- Innovation marketing strategies`
- Globalization, innovation and changes`
- The use of digital technology in tourism and business`
- Innovation and co-creation of visitor experience`
- Innovative human resources management`
- Business model innovation in tourism and hospitality `
- Responsible tourism and business
- Design for sustainability in Tourism and Business
- Innovation and sustainable destination development
- Sustainable entrepreneurship in tourism and business
- Economic impacts of tourism and business
Entrepreneurship and its ecosystem
- Innovation, entrepreneurship and culture
- Diversity in tourism and hospitality entrepreneurship
- Social entrepreneurship / community enterprise
- Entrepreneurship and small family business
- Emerging markets for tourism and business
- Entrepreneurial personality and motivations
- Online consumer behavior in tourism and business
Papers submitted must not have been published, accepted for publication, or be under review for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts should be prepared according to the journal’s submission guidelines and submitted through ScholarOne Manuscripts at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijcthr
Please notice that Full papers should be between 5000 and 6500 words in length, including references and Research notes between 2000 and 3000 words in length, including references, for more details see the authors’ guidelines: https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=ijcthr
Manuscripts will undergo the regular double-blind peer review process; however, the guest editors will expedite the process to ensure timely publication.
Submission deadline for full papers: 15th January 2020
First decision for full papers: 15th of March 2020
Revisions and final decision: June/July 2020
Expected publication of the thematic issue: Online first Fall 2020 – Printed version first issue of 2021.
Early submissions of research notes and full papers are strongly encouraged and will be promptly processed by the editors.
Prospective authors are encouraged to contact the guest editors with any questions regarding potential topics of interest for contributions to this thematic issue.
Additional contacts: Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Serena Volo, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy [email protected]