Corporate Governance Applications in Social and Environmental Accounting
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Applied Accounting Research
Professor Basil Al-Najjar; University of Huddersfield
Professor Khaled Hussainey, Porstmouth University.
Corporate Governance has received much attention in both emerging and developed markets. This special issue is drawing attention to the applications of corporate governance procedures in both developed and developing countries in their accounting practices.
We are interested in the under-researched areas of the link between corporate governance and corporate social responsibility, environmental reporting and other related topics.
Topics might include, but are not limited to:
- The role of governance procedures in assuring the quality of corporate social responsibility reporting
- The relationship between governance monitoring and advances in environmental reporting
- The effect of ownership structure on corporate social responsibility
- The effect of ownership structure on environmental reporting
- Corporate governance and sustainability reporting
- Corporate governance and integrated reporting.
We welcome different methodologies to address any of these themes and review papers within the domain will be also welcomed.
Schedule and deadlines:
- All papers submitted to the special issue must adhere to the format and style guidelines of Journal of Applied Accounting Research and should be made using the following address: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jaar
- All papers for the Special Issue will be reviewed by two anonymous referees
- The submission deadline is 30th September 2018
- Any queries should be addressed to either Prof Al-Najjar at [email protected]c.uk or Prof. Hussainey at [email protected]