Sustainability in Energy and Buildings - SEB'10 - Call for Abstracts
Special issue call for papers from International Journal of Energy Sector Management
Following the success of the first event focusing specifically on sustainability and renewable energy issues relating to buildings,
SEB'09, an intimate workshop-style conference, we are pleased to announce the 2nd International Conference on Sustainability in
Energy and Buildings, SEB'10.
Organized by the KES International knowledge transfer organization, SEB'10 will be an excellent opportunity for researchers in a
number of different disciplines to report on the results of their research and mix with others interested in the field.
Papers are sought for SEB'10 on a range of renewable energy and sustainability related topics. In addition the conference will
explore the following innovative themes:-
- The application of intelligent sensing, control, optimization
and modeling techniques to sustainability
- The technology of sustainable buildings and combining these threads
- The Intelligent Building
Consisting of plenary keynote talks by experts, oral and poster presentations, invited sessions and workshops, SEB'10 will provide
an exciting forum for the presentation of the results of new and original research on the subject, and discussions on this important
Call for papers
Authors are invited to abstracts of up to 2 pages in length on the conference topics and related subjects.
All contributions must be of high quality, original and not published elsewhere or submitted for publication during the review
period. On acceptance of the abstract full papers will be invited for publication in the proceedings by Springer-Verlag in their
Engineering Series and indexed in ISI conference publications, EI, INSPEC, etc. Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit
extended versions for publication in special editions of various journals including the International Journal of Energy Sector Management.
Papers selected for the IJESM 2011 special issue will go through an anonymous double-blind peer review process after abstract acceptance.
IJESM submissions must follow the Emerald author guidelines for this journal.
-- Conference Topics
The following topics are relevant to SEB'10, however this list is not intended to be exclusive:-
* Renewable energy technologies: photo-voltaics, solar thermal, biomass, geothermal systems. Micro-wind turbines, horizontal
and vertical axis aero-generators. On-site, off-grid, grid-supplemented generation systems; combined heat and power
(CHP) and micro-CHP systems.
* Control and optimization of renewable energy systems: sensors and instrumentation technology, virtual sensors; smart monitoring and control using intelligent systems; high-efficiency switching systems; highly-efficient voltage conversion systems; novel high efficiency distribution systems and low voltage busses.
* High efficiency power storage systems: battery systems; reversible fuel cells; flywheel systems; super-capacitors.
* Novel primary sources: bio-mass generation schemes; Stirlingcycle engines; bio-fuelled diesel generators.
* Applications to building services: heating and ventilating control systems for reduced energy use; building management systems;
low energy building technology; low energy lighting systems; high-output light LED lighting systems; passive solar heating systems.
* Energy modeling schemes: life cycle analysis methodologies; tools and life cycle analysis; triple-bottom-line analysis.
-- Call for Invited Session & Workshop Chairs
We invite senior scientists to organize invited sessions of 6 or more papers on a specific sub-topic within the scope of the conference
to be presented as a half or full day session or workshop. See http://seb10.sustainedenergy.org for more details.
-- Industrial Round Table and Exhibition
Round table discussions will provide a forum for stakeholders to discuss matters of interest. An exhibition for trade suppliers of
equipment relevant to the conference will be held. Manufacturers and retailers are invited to contact the conference organizers for
details of opportunities to exhibit to the international audience that will attend the conference.
-- Programme Committee
An international programme committee is currently being formed. If you would like to be involved in the organization of the
conference please contact us.
-- Dates and Deadlines
Flexible deadlines, please consult the website if you wish to submit a paper.
SEB'10 is being organized by the KES International research organization and hosted by the University of Brighton.
-- Conference General Chair --
Dr Bob Howlett, KES International
-- Programme Committee Chair --
Prof Lakhmi C.Jain, University of South Australia
General Email Enquiries: [email protected]
Web site: http://seb.sustainedenergy.org