Aims & Scope
The Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship (JRME) publishes research that contributes to our developing knowledge of entrepreneurial and small business marketing. Even though research into the relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship is still relatively young, the subject has thus far proved exciting and thought provoking, and critical thinking has progressed rapidly.The journal stands at the interface of research in marketing and entrepreneurship.
Coverage may include, but is not limited to:
- The size and structure of the entrepreneurial enterprise.
- SMEs and micro businesses approach marketing
- The role of entrepreneurship in marketing
- The role of marketing in entrepreneurship
- How do successful entrepreneurs market their product and services?
- Competencies necessary for the successful entrepreneur
- The role of entrepreneurship (and, as appropriate, intrapreneurship) in the development of organizations
- Life cycles of organizations: the stages in the growth of firms and the analysis of critical episodes
- The influence of external help, support, and personal contact networks
- Opportunity recognition
- Relationships between SMEs and larger firms: how SMEs interact successfully with larger firms and how these larger firms in turn manage their relationships with SMEs
- Strategic and management issues that pertain to marketing
- Cultural and sociological perspectives of the entrepreneur
- Cross-cultural studies and work on developing economies
- Appropriate research methodologies
This journal is abstracted and indexed by: ReadCube Discover; Scopus
This journal is ranked by: Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List - C ranking; The Publication Forum (Finland).
For the latest news, publication alerts and debates, join our online communities:
Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Marketing eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Marketing eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.