Full text online
2015 Impact Factor: 1.063 * Content: Table of Contents | Latest Issue RSS
Information: Journal information | Editorial Team | Author Guidelines
Other: Sample article | Recommend this journal
For the latest news, publication alerts and debates, join our online community: Follow @EmeraldLibrary
The Journal of Documentation (JDoc) is a one of the longest-established academic journals in library/information science, providing a unique focus on theories, concepts, models, frameworks and philosophies related to documents and recorded knowledge. This peer-reviewed journal is included in both ISI and SCOPUS. Our articles have long-lasting value, with the longest citation half-life in ISI’s LIS category.
• JDoc provides a link between research, scholarship and reflective professional practice.
• It publishes research papers with novel methods or results of wide significance, in all the information-related disciplines
• Critical and scholarly reviews are welcome, as are reviews of the evidence base for professional practice, and shorter speculative articles
• We particularly welcome submissions exploring topics where concepts and models in the library and information sciences overlap with those in cognate disciplines: these disciplines include, but are not limited to, psychology and cognitive science, the physical sciences, communication and media studies, museum studies, computer science, sociology and publishing
• We also welcome contributions in the 'Speculation in Documentation' category. These are short (no more than 5,000 words) contributions, presenting an original concept or perspective
ABI/INFORM Complete; ABI/INFORM Global; Arts & Humanities Full Text; Cabell’s Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Management; Computer Science Index Index; Computers and Applied Sciences Complete; Current Abstracts; Current Contents®/Social and Behavioral Sciences; Education Full Text; Education Research ERIC®; Information Science and Technology Abstracts (ISTA); ISI Alerting Service; Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition; Library and Information Science Abstracts; Library, Information Science and Technology Abstracts; Library Literature and Information Science Full Text; OmniFile Full Text Mega; OmniFile Full Text Select; Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education; Professional ABI/INFORM Complete; Professional ProQuest Central; ProQuest Central; ProQuest Curriculum Essentials; ProQuest Education Journals; ProQuest Library Science; ProQuest Pharma Collection; Scopus; Social Sciences Citation Index®; Social Scisearch®; The Informed Librarian; zetoc
Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Report, The Publication Forum (Finland)
Journal of Documentation is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Library Studies eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Library Studies eJournals Collection page.
* 2015 Journal Citation Reports® (Thomson Reuters, 2016)
© Emerald Group Publishing Limited