Management Research Fund Award
Meet our previous winners
"... we would like to extend our sincere thanks to Emerald ... and their esteemed judging panel."
Find out more...
Emerald Group Publishing in partnership with the Consejo Latinoamericano de Escuela de Administración – CLADEA is promoting the 2017 Emerald/CLADEA Management Research Fund Award.
The aim is to encourage the development of research projects in Business, Management & Administration.
The best research project proposal will receive USD$3,000.
Research project proposal guidelines
The research project proposal must have a specific orientation toward the reality and welfare of Latin America and/or Caribbean, contain and follow the guidelines below.
The research project proposal must contain the following:
- Cover letter - including institution / affiliation, address, telephone number and / or e-mail of all the researchers involved in the project proposal
- Summary stating specific research aim and motivation, expected outcomes, relevance and benefits of the research
- Propositions or hypotheses to be tested
- A theoretical framework and the methodology to be used including a clear description of the research stages
- Brief literature review that supports the theoretical framework and the methodology
- Expected impact and results and possible applications
- Budget and funding sources (if applicable)
- At least 10 current bibliographic references , including relevant literature from Latin America
- Maximum of 4,000 words - tables notes, figures, appendices and references will not be included in the word count
- Project proposals must be submitted in English, Spanish or Portuguese. Except for the abstract and keywords that must be written in English.
IMPORTANT: As the research project proposals will be evaluated through a blind-review process, you must NOT include the name of the author(s) or the institution in any part of the research project proposal, under penalty of exclusion. This information should be included ONLY in the Cover Letter.
NOTES: The research project proposal is not considered as a paper and it will not be published by Emerald. Final papers must be submitted to a specific journal and they will be evaluated through the current Emerald editorial process.
The judges won’t provide any feedback about the research project proposals.
- A project proposal must be submitted by one (1) author or by one (1) research group affiliated to at least one (1) institution based in Latin America or Caribbean
- If not affiliated to any institution based in Latin America or Caribbean, the main author must have a Latin American or Caribbean nationality.
- Each author or research group may submit ONLY one (1) project proposal
The project proposal that does not meet one or more of this set of requirements will be automatically excluded from the selection process.
- Originality and relevance of the research
- Clarity and consistency in the presentation of the research object and problem, meeting the formal
- Literature review including theoretical framework and appropriate methodology to the research object
- Link between theory and practice
- Project proposal alignment with Latin America and/or Caribbean reality and welfare
- Reasonability of budget and schedule presented, in line with the objectives presented in the proposal requirements of scientific language
- Bibliographic references
- Submissions: from March, 7th to July, 17th 2017
- Results: September, 19th, 2017
- Awards delivery: During the 2017 CLADEA annual assembly (Oct, 17th to 19th) in Riverside, California – USA
Project proposals will be accepted in the areas of: administration; accounting and finance; environmental compliance; business, ethics and law; economy; entrepreneurship and innovation; health/health management; human resources management; industrial management and public sector, management of information and knowledge; international trade; learning and development; management science/management studies; quality of management; marketing; operations management and logistics; organizational studies, management and measurement of performance; regional management studies and strategy.
To submit your project proposal, please fill out this form.
Please contact our team in Latin America for any queries about this award:
email@example.com | +55 (11) 2371.8101