Nutrition & Food Science (NFS) is an international, double blind peer-reviewed journal offering accessible and comprehensive coverage of food, beverage and nutrition research. The journal draws out the practical and social applications of research, demonstrates best practice through applied research and case studies and showcases innovative or controversial practices and points of view. The journal is an invaluable resource to inform individuals, organisations and the public on modern thinking, research and attitudes to food science and nutrition.
NFS welcomes empirical and applied research, viewpoint papers, conceptual and technical papers, case studies, meta-analysis studies, literature reviews and general reviews which take a scientific approach to the following topics:
- Attitudes to food and nutrition
- Healthy eating/ nutritional public health initiatives, policies and legislation
- Clinical and community nutrition and health (including public health and multiple or complex co-morbidities)
- Nutrition in different cultural and ethnic groups
- Nutrition during pregnancy, lactation, childhood, and young adult years
- Nutrition for adults and older people
- Nutrition in the workplace
- Nutrition in lower and middle income countries (incl. comparisons with higher income countries)
- Food science and technology, including food processing and microbiological quality
- Genetically engineered foods
- Food safety / quality, including chemical, physical and microbiological analysis of how these aspects effect health or nutritional quality of foodstuffs
NFS is key reading for academics, researchers and students in the nutrition, medicine and public health fields, nutritionists and dietitians, food company managers, food research institutes, health care professionals, managers and other health care practitioners.
This journal is abstracted and indexed by:
ABI/INFORM, Abstracts in New Technologies & Engineering (ANTE), Academic Research Library, AGRICOLA, Biobusiness, CAB Abstracts, Career and Technical Education, Dairy Science Abstracts, Discovery, Emerald Management Reviews, Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), Food Adlibra, Food Microfilm, Food Science &Technology Abstracts (FSTA), Hospitality & Tourism Index, Leisure Recreation and Tourism Abstracts, OCLC, Platinum Periodicals, QUALIS, ReadCube Discover, Research Library, Scopus.
This journal is ranked by:
Scopus and The Database for Statistics on Higher Education, Norway (Level 1)
Nutrition & Food Science is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Health & Social Care eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Health & Social Care eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.