Emerald to help drive debate on the impact of business school education at ICAM 2016
Emerald will showcase CaseClever, join expert panels and launch a new book at one of the most prestigious global academic events in the calendar year
Boston, USA, March 29 2016 - Emerald Group Publishing is delighted to sponsor ICAM 2016
- hosted at the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, Boston, April 3-5 - and engage in a wide debate on the impact of business school education.
Emerald will launch a new book, Reimagining Business Education: Insights and Actions from the Business Education Jam
, published in collaboration with Boston University Questrom School of Business, join expert discussion panels and showcase the beta of its proposed new product, CaseClever
ICAM gathers more than 1,400 thought leaders, expert researchers and top educators from more than 55 countries around the world in one location. ICAM 2016 will address the emerging opportunities for business schools, working alongside students and business practitioners to forge a new path.
Tony Roche, Publishing Director at Emerald, said: “Emerald is proud to sponsor ICAM 2016 and to help mark the 100th year of AACSB International, particularly as we believe our vision very much aligns with that of AACSB and ICAM.
“As a publisher at the heart of management learning, we can help business schools play a valuable role as expectations of management education evolve. Our aim is to put great research at the heart of good business and management decisions.”
Emerald is a Benefactor Level Sponsor of ICAM and will sit on two thought leadership panels during the event, launch the new book Reimagining Business Education, and invite delegates to review the beta of its new case studies product, CaseClever.
Emerald aims for CaseClever
to be a digital library to make finding and distributing case studies quicker and easier for educators and students. CaseClever is currently in beta development and Emerald will be looking for feedback on the proposed product from business school deans and other thought leaders, expert researchers and top educators at ICAM.
Emerald will be showcasing CaseClever at stand 505 and 507 throughout the conference when Michelle Lockard, Product Manager will welcome questions, feedback and discussion.
Emerald also invites delegates who would like their institution to join Emerald in developing this new exciting product and become a development partner, to visit the stand during the Monday Continental Breakfast and Networking session between 7:30am - 8:30am (ET).
Other details of Emerald’s activity at ICAM 2016 include:
• Tony Roche will be joined by Julia Kirby - Editor-at-large of Harvard Business Review - and Scott C. Beardsley - Dean of Darden School of Business - on the panel of experts for the session 'Strategy for Increasing Research Impact on Practice', 2,15pm (ET), Monday 4 April
• Emerald will launch Reimagining Business Education: Insights and Actions from the Business Education Jam, published in collaboration with Boston University Questrom School of Business
• Simon Linacre, Executive Publisher at Emerald, will be joining Jeffrey Beall and Scholarly Kitchen on the panel for ‘Deceptive and Predatory Publishing: How to Spot a Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing’
• Emerald will be promoting Research Focus, the magazine exploring Business and Management in North America.
CaseClever offers a hassle-free alternative to the traditional method of finding, sharing and teaching case studies.
Through a digital subscription, the CaseClever library of world-leading case content is made instantly available to educators and students. Easy to access at all times, finding, sharing and teaching the perfect case becomes a simple process.
The case is clear – we want to help business schools and libraries bring the traditional case method into the digital age.
- ENDS -
About Emerald Publishing: www.emeraldpublishing.com
Nurturing fresh thinking that makes an impact
Emerald Publishing was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management.
Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering.
We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform emeraldinsight.com.
Emerald Publishing Limited
Phone: +44 (0) 1274 777700