Real impact newsletter
When we launched our first issue of Real Impact, we did not expect to be writing our second edition during the lockdown of a global pandemic. So we start this issue, firstly by saying we hope you are keeping well and safe in these uncertain times.
How to navigate
Use the 'On this page' and 'In the newsletter' menus to quickly see and jump to content you're interested in.
- How universities are responding to a global pandemic
- The gender divide in mentoring in academia
- Why business education may be key to gender parity at work
- Turning research into action
- Developing new models for high impact research
- Research impact remains a top priority
- How the COVID-19 pandemic will accelerate change across research and education
- Emerald brand ambassadors
Within these issues, we discuss the topics that matter to you, the issues that are pressing and what do we, as a combined academic and publishing community have to say about them. We believe that working collectively we can make a difference and find ways to push forward on the issues at hand, and of course COVID-19 is at the forefront of everyone’s minds. By listening to the diverse voices, viewpoints, expertise and knowledge of people across our communities, we believe we can make a real impact.
Here we hope to do just that, but unpicking the topics that matter and looking to see where we can make a difference.
You can sign up to receive your digital issues of Real Impact as they are released.
For over 50 years, championing fresh thinking has been at the heart of the Emerald business. Our goal is to help those in academia or people in practice work together to make a positive change in the real world.
We commit to:
- supporting the community to overcome barriers to impact
- challenging simplistic and outdated approaches to impact
- driving impact literacy in the research sector
In the newsletter
The newsletter contains eight sections as well as this introduction; use the grid below to navigate, or click to go to the next section.
Universities in the wake of a global pandemic
The gender divide in mentoring in academia
Why business education may be key to gender parity at work
Turning research into action
Developing new models for high impact research
Research impact remains a top priority
Emerald brand ambassadors
Join the conversation
Join us in making a difference. Have your say in our blogs, or download our resources to help bring your research to life.
Real impact newsletter