Prof. Dr. S. Smys
RVS Technical Campus, Affiliated to Anna University, India
Prof. Dr. Hui-Ming Wee
Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan
Prof. Dr. Álvaro Rocha
AISTI & University of Coimbra, Portugal
About this Special Issue
Sensors play a major role in our daily lives. Sensors that are smart, accurate, and dependable help us monitor the changes and developments in many sectors and collect important information to enhance our lives. Often, the smart sensors are often configured into a network in order to measure and collect data from the different domain of interest such as healthcare, education, environments and other human-related activities.
Recently, Multi-sensor fusion is evolving as a promising technology in many application areas, including Internet of Things [IoT], intelligent unmanned systems, robotics, intelligent industries, intelligent transportation and so on. These diverse application areas have one common factor: they include many sensors of the same or different categories. In the recent past, many research studies have attempted to acquire better information and fuse the sensing data based on signal processing and estimation theory, statistical information theory, decision theory and so on. Nevertheless, currently the researchers are focusing on utilizing the artificial intelligence [AI] technologies like fuzzy logic, neural networks and so on to accomplish multi-sensor data fusion and establish a smart and collaborative sensing environment. With this advancement, the intelligent multi-sensor fusion technologies extends its applications in smart environments such as, human-machine interactive sensing, intrusion detection, autonomous environment monitoring and so on to improve the quality of human lives.
This Special Issue aims to solicit the novel research articles from the researchers in both academia and industries for discussing their contribution to multi-sensor data fusion and its applications in smart sensing. The primary objective is to report the innovative ideas and solutions of multi-sensor information fusion methods. Moreover, this issue encourages the submissions focusing on development, adoption, and application. This special issue will allow readers to identify the recent advances in multi-sensor information fusion and its applications in smart sensing.
List of Potential Topics:
- Complex multi-sensor systems and applications
- Modelling of big data obtained from multi-sensor systems
- Artificial intelligence technology in multi-sensor fusion
- Different structures and levels in multi-sensor systems
- Data fusion-based on artificial intelligence
- Integration of fuzzy logic and neural network interfaces in distributed sensors
- Protocols and standards for smart sensing
- Data acquisition and storage in collaborative sensors
- Advanced Intelligent sensing principles for multi-sensor coupling
- Multi-functional sensor design and testing
- Distributed and connected sensing methods
- Signal processing of the integrated sensors
- Multi-sensor integration algorithms
- Quality control of integrated sensor systems
Deadline and Submission Details
Please send the title and brief abstract of your paper to the Guest Editor Dr. S. Smys ([email protected]) before submitting the full paper.
Submission deadline for full papers: 15 March 2022
Special issue publication date: November 2022