Emerald Publishing invites applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief of the Pacific Accounting Review (PAR). Applications may be completed individually or—where a co-Editorship is proposed—as a joint submission.
About Pacific Accounting Review
Pacific Accounting Review is a quarterly journal publishing original research papers and book reviews. The journal is supported by all New Zealand Universities and has the backing of academics from many universities in the Pacific region. The journal publishes papers from both empirical and theoretical forms of research into current developments in accounting and finance and provides insight into how present practice is shaped and formed. Specific areas include but are not limited to:
- Emerging Markets and Economies
- Political/Social contexts
- Financial Reporting
- Auditing and Governance
- Management Accounting
The journal offers a unique forum for research relating to, and research from, the Pacific region, however, the journal will also welcome original research papers which focus on other geographic areas.
For more information on PAR, please visit the journal homepage: https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/par
Some of the key qualities sought for the position of Editor are:
- An established record of scholarship in the field
- Previous editorial experience (in journals, special issues, or book volumes)/managerial skills to oversee the editorial cycle and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills (in order to lead an active Editorial Advisory Board)
- A commitment to the journal’s editorial objective to publish high quality research.
- An interest in publishing research around Emerald’s four missions: Responsible Management, Fairer Society, Healthier Lives, and Quality Education for All.
Main responsibilities include:
- Management of journal submissions via the online submission tool ScholarOne.
- Supplying accepted articles to the Publisher within the agreed schedule and budget.
- Engaging with and coordinating the contribution of the Co-Editors, Editorial Advisory Board members, reviewers.
- Working closely and collaboratively with the journal Commissioning Editor.
- Recruiting Guest Editors/commissioning special issues.
- Soliciting high quality manuscripts and assisting authors through the editorial process when required.
- Advising Emerald on the direction and development of the journal.
- Promoting the journal within your networks and at conferences.
An editorial honorarium will be provided by the Publisher.
Please send applications via email to the journal’s Commissioning Editor, Melissa Close [email protected] Applications will be reviewed by the Commissioning Editor and the current editorial team and should include:
- A cover letter outlining your previous editorial experience, your vision for the future development of the journal, and an outline of any support that may be offered by your institution for this Editorship role.
- A current CV.
Applications from individual Editors or Editorial teams (i.e. Co-Editors) will be considered.
Closing date for applications: September 1, 2021
The role commences in January 2022.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal chat to find out more information about the role, please contact Melissa Close ([email protected])