Rodney Paul, Syracuse University, Professor of Sport Management
Shane Sanders, Syracuse University, Associate Professor of Sport Management
Whats the special issue about?
Managerial Finance solicits high-quality papers for a special issue focusing on topics related to financial aspects of the management of professional sports teams, professional sports leagues, and non-profit sports organizations. Papers in the burgeoning field of sport analytics that feature implications for managerial sport finance/economics are highly encouraged. Potential topics might include:
- Team front office payroll decisions and returns on talent investment
- Sports ticket pricing decisions
- The influence of sports betting upon professional sports league operations
- Effects of player health and injury upon team payroll and roster decisions
- The host bidding process in major sporting events (e.g., the Olympics)
- Revenue sharing within teams of professional sports leagues
- Stadium financing arrangements
- Collective bargaining agreements between players and owners of a professional sports league
- Papers should be submitted electronically online via the Managerial Finance submission system.
- Please note that the submission site will open soon. Please follow the journal submission guidelines and select the correct special issue title from the dropdown menu during submission.
- The submission deadline is May 1 2020 (11.59pm, US CST).
- All submissions will be subject to double blind peer review by referees.
- For additional information, please contact Rodney Paul ([email protected]) or Shane Sanders ([email protected]).
- For more information visit the Journal page.