Emerald Publishing invites applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Risk Finance (JRF). Applications may be completed individually or—where a co-Editorship is proposed—as a joint submission.
About the Journal of Risk Finance
JRF provides a rigorous forum for the publication of high quality peer-reviewed theoretical and empirical research articles, by both academic and industry experts, related to financial risks and risk management.
JRF welcomes submissions on the following topics:
- Securitization; derivatives and structured financial products
- Financial risk management
- Regulation of risk management
- Risk and corporate governance
- Liability management
- Systemic risk
- Cryptocurrency and risk management
- Credit arbitrage methods
- Corporate social responsibility and risk management
- Enterprise risk management
- FinTech and risk
- Blockchain and risk
- Climate change and risk
For more information on JRF, please visit the journal homepage: https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/jrf
Some of the key qualities sought for the position of Editor are:
- An established record of scholarship in the field
- Previous editorial experience (in journals, special issues, or book volumes)/managerial skills to oversee the editorial cycle and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills (in order to lead an active Editorial Advisory Board)
- A commitment to the journal’s editorial objective to publish high quality research.
- An interest in publishing research around Emerald’s four missions: Responsible Management, Fairer Society, Healthier Lives, and Quality Education for All.
Main responsibilities include:
- Management of journal submissions via the online submission tool ScholarOne.
- Supplying accepted articles to the Publisher within the agreed schedule and budget.
- Engaging with and coordinating the contribution of the Associate Editors, Editorial Advisory Board members, reviewers.
- Working closely and collaboratively with the journal Commissioning Editor.
- Recruiting Guest Editors/commissioning special issues.
- Soliciting high quality manuscripts and assisting authors through the editorial process when required.
- Advising Emerald on the direction and development of the journal.
- Promoting the journal within your networks and at conferences.
- An editorial honorarium will be provided by the Publisher.
Please send applications via email to the journal’s Commissioning Editor, Melissa Close ([email protected]). Applications will be reviewed by the Commissioning Editor and the current editorial team and should include:
- A cover letter outlining your previous editorial experience, your vision for the future development of the journal, and an outline of any support that may be offered by your institution for this Editorship role.
- A current CV.
Applications from individual Editors or Editorial teams (i.e. Co-Editors) will be considered.
Closing date for applications: September 20, 2021
The role commences in January 2022.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal chat to find out more information about the role, please contact Melissa Close ([email protected]).