Property Investment: Sustainability and Climate Change
Call for papers for: Journal of Property Investment & Finance
Submission opens on Scholar One (do not submit before this date): 1st March 2021
Submission window closes: 21st October 2021
Georgia Warren-Myers, University of Melbourne
Email: [email protected]
Overview of special issue
This special issue investigates the impact and implications of climate change challenges for real estate and the role of mitigation, adaptation and associated legislation. The aim is to examine how the challenges of mitigation and adaptation will affect market pricing and investment strategies, and the implications of climate change related risks and events on valuations, market pricing and investment strategies.
The real estate sector is one of the most exposed sectors to climate change related risks and events. However, to date, much research has focused on energy related mitigation measures and legislation, as the implications of current inaction in response to climate change are better understood and the future impacts this will have on real estate. There is urgent need for more research into the implications of inaction, the climate change-related risks posed to real estate and the strategies taken to mitigate and adapt real estate.
Indicative list of anticipated themes
- The impact and implications of climate change and energy efficiency legislation for Real Estate investment
- Implications of climate change on market pricing
- Real Estate investment strategies for mitigation and adaptation
- The role of sustainability in tackling climate change related challenges
- Sustainability investment and market pricing
- Strategies for Zero Carbon Real Estate and portfolios
- Market pricing for Zero Carbon Real Estate
- Innovations and opportunities for Real Estate in a changing climate
- Valuing sustainability and climate change risk
All submissions must be made via ScholarOne.
For more information, please see the author guidelines.