Call for applications: Michael Fullan Emerging Scholar in Professional Capital and Community Award
The Journal of Professional Capital and Community believes that supporting emerging scholars through recognition of their achievements is a critical part of building professional capital and community within our own field of research. The journal has therefore created the Michael Fullan Emerging Scholar in Professional Capital and Community Award to recognize emerging scholars, amplify their contributions, and bring new perspectives to the wider community of scholars in the field.
The Michael Fullan Emerging Scholar in Professional Capital and Community Award will be presented to an individual, who within the first five years of their (post doctorate) career as an educational scholar has demonstrated a strong record of original and significant scholarship related to professional capital and community.
Award Amount: $1,250
Submission Deadline: March 1 2021
The candidate must be a graduate of a Ph.D. or Ed.D. program in education and within the first five years of his/her career as an educational scholar. The individual must demonstrate a strong record of original and significant scholarship related to professional capital and/or professional community.
The award is open to all applicants who have completed their dissertation within the past 5 years. The award will go to a scholar who has helped to advance the knowledge base of professional capital and community by applying the concepts in a manner that furthers practice, and reflects greater recognition of professional capital in the teaching force. Applicants must provide evidence of relevant scholarly publications as well as a demonstrated commitment to developing professional capital within their own professional communities. This award is open globally. The selection committee values diversity and equity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, as well as submissions from all disciplines in education relevant to the focus of the award.
In summary, the selection of the awardee will be based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to the field of professional capital and/or professional community with both theoretical and practical depth
- Quality of research completed
- Potential impact of the applicant’s work on the field of professional capital and community
Note: the awardee will be required to attend the AERA Conference and the award ceremony to collect the award.
1. Contact information: Name of applicant, Institution, Email address, Phone number, Mailing Address
2. Statement of interest: Statement specifying the applicant’s suitability for the award. This statement should include references to the applicant’s scholarly publications relevant to the fields of professional capital or professional community in education. It should also describe the applicant’s demonstrated commitment to developing professional capital within his or her own professional communities. It may also include a description of the applicant’s scholarly interests, research agenda, and research goals.
Maximum length = 1000 words (excluding references).
2. A letter of support from an established scholar in the field.
3. The applicant’s Curriculum Vitae.
Complete application materials should be sent to [email protected] under the heading “Michael Fullan Emerging Scholar Award Application.” Applications will be accepted until March 1 at 11:59pm EST.