Contemporary Issues in Event Management
Call for papers for: Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights
A special issue call for papers with publication opportunity in two journals:
International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (IJCHM) and Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights (JHTI)
The submission portal for this special issue will open May 15th, 2020.
Jeeyeon Jeannie Hahm, University of Central Florida, USA, [email protected]
Karin Weber, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, [email protected]
Donald Getz, The University of Calgary, Canada, [email protected]
Rhodri Thomas, Leeds Beckett University, UK, [email protected]
Fevzi Okumus, University of Central Florida, USA, [email protected]
This special issue is created to pay tribute to the late Dr. Mathilda van Niekerk who served as the Managing Editor of IJCHM and the Founding Co-Editor of JHTI. She was the Guest Editor of the first special issue related to events that was published in 2017. Dr. van Niekerk contributed immensely to cutting edge research and education in the field of event management and we would like to honor that via this special issue.
Papers that reflect Dr. van Niekerk’s disposition towards innovative research in events would be particularly welcome. She was an enthusiastic proponent of event management education, of co-creation with industry, of collaboration between universities, and always emphasized the importance of academic research making a positive contribution to the work of managers, policymakers, communities, and/ or students.
High quality papers on any aspect of events or contemporary event management are welcome. The following are indicative of the potential breadth of contribution:
Innovations in events
New management models for events
Safety and security in events
Risk and crisis management in events
Legal issues in events
Information Communication Technology (ICT) for events
Marketing strategies for events
Environmental management for events
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts by events
Supply and demand side approaches for events
Stakeholder centric approaches.
Integrated sustainable approaches to events
Strategic planning processes for events
Developing events as tourist attractions
Role of events in creating a sustainable destination competitive advantage
Impact of the macroenvironment on events
Research methods in events
General Information for Prospective Authors
We welcome submissions that can represent different methods. These include but are not limited to new frameworks using multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary explanations. We also are interested in research that is based on compelling case studies related to single or multiple destinations and organizations. Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. For more details and manuscript guidelines, please visit the Journal's page.
- Prospective authors are strongly encouraged to contact one of the guest editors regarding potential topics of interest or any questions/suggestions regarding the special issue. Abstracts (up to 750 words) can be submitted directly to the corresponding guest editor, Dr. Jeeyeon Jeannie Hahm via email ([email protected]) by June 15, 2020.
- Abstracts must be concise and to the point with appropriate references. The guest editors will provide feedback on each submitted abstract.
- Full papers must be submitted by September 1, 2020 through ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system.
- Please select the correct issue to submit to: “Contemporary issues in event management”. Author guidelines for IJCHM can be found on the journal's page.
Each paper submitted to this special issue is subject to the following review procedures:
It will be reviewed by the corresponding guest editor for general suitability for this special issue.
If found suitable, reviewers will be selected for a double-blind review process.
Based on the reviewers’ recommendation, the corresponding guest editor and the Editor-in-Chief will decide whether the particular submission should be accepted as it is, revised and resubmitted, or rejected.
- Abstracts Submissions: June 15, 2020 (Email to [email protected])
- Abstract Decisions: July 15, 2020
- FULL Paper Submissions: September 1, 2020
- Revisions and Decisions: By early 2021
- Publication: Late 2021 or early 2022
Submissions that cannot be accommodated in the Special Issue for the International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (IJCHM) may be considered with the authors’ consent for publication in Emerald’s Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights (JHTI).