The journal International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management is seeking an Editorial Assistant.
About the Journal
In today's competitive business and industrial environment, it is essential to have an academic journal offering the most current theoretical knowledge on quality and reliability to ensure that top management is fully conversant with new thinking, techniques and developments in the field.
The International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management (IJQRM) deals with all aspects of business improvements and with all aspects of manufacturing and services, from the training of (senior) managers, to innovations in organising and processing to raise standards of product and service quality. It is this unique blend of theoretical knowledge and managerial relevance that makes IJQRM a valuable resource for managers striving for higher standards.
About the Role
The Editorial Assistant will be expected to assume the following responsibilities:
- Providing administrative assistance to the journal’s editorial team as well as supporting the Editorial Board
- Assisting the editorial team with managing manuscript peer review within a reasonable timeframe, using an online submission system
- Answering author queries
- Promoting the journal at conferences and through your own networks
- Contributing in other ways to the development of the journal.
The ideal candidate will be expected to satisfy the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree, or be a PhD candidate, in an appropriate discipline
- Have knowledge of the peer review process
- Be able to provide impartial judgement on other researchers’ work
- Be fluent in English with good writing ability.
The benefits of the role include:
- Full training and support in the ScholarOne submission and peer review system.
- Complimentary access to the journal.
- Your name listed within each issue of the journal and on the journal website.
- Early access to new research, helping you keep abreast of developments in the field.
- The opportunity to network with colleagues and peers (editors or board members) and to influence the journal's future development.
Please be advised that this vacancy is a temporary unpaid role for an initial period of 3 months, though this may be extended depending on need.
Interested candidates are invited to send an up to date CV outlining their qualifications for this role to the Editor, Jiju Antony ([email protected]) and the Publisher, Ciara Boardman ([email protected]) by 25th March 2021. Please be advised that we are looking for a candidate who can start as soon as possible, and may close to submissions prior to the date stated.