IJOPM - Call for Special Issue Proposals
Researchers interested in submitting a proposal for a special issue in the International Journal of Operations and Production Management are kindly requested to send their submission to the Editorial Assistant Dr. Martin C. Schleper ([email protected]).
Proposal submissions are accepted from December 2020 to April 2021. During May 2021, all proposals will be evaluated and authors notified. Special issues approved for publication are targeted to be published in 2022 and all papers accepted for publication in IJOPM will be typeset, proofed and published online in EarlyCite as the Version of Record quickly after their date of acceptance.
Proposals must include the following:
• A description of the special issue including background, objectives and topics of interest (word count limit: 1,000 words).
• A section explaining why it should be of interest for academics and practitioners, as well as the readership of IJOPM (debate in the literature, open issues, gaps, managerial relevance of the topic, intended contributions compared to existing studies, bibliometrics on the topic, etc.) (word count limit: 1,000 words).
• A description of how you intend to manage the selection of papers moving into the review process, and how you would organize this process.
• A short biography of each of the guest editors emphasizing their expertise in the topic.
The proposal will be evaluated by IJOPM’s editorial team and consulting editors based on:
• Relevance and originality of the topic in the field of operations and supply chain management
• Contribution to theory and practice (based on arguments provided in the proposal)
• Documented experience of guest editors on the topic