About the IJLSS
International Journal of Lean Six Sigma (IJLSS) is an internationally recognised academic journal that publishes original, empirical and review papers, case studies and theoretical frameworks or models related to Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. The journal was founded in 2010 with a clear purpose of bridging the gap between the theory and practice of Lean Six Sigma (an integrated approach of Lean and Six Sigma) and to publish the latest trends and research developments in both fields.
IJLSS is a double-blind peer reviewed journal that seeks high quality submissions from academics, researchers, practitioners and leading management consultants from around the world. Research, case studies and examples can be cited from manufacturing, service and public sectors. This includes manufacturing, health, financial services, local government, education, professional services, IT Services, transport, etc.
Although IJLSS is an academic journal, the Editor encourages authors to submit innovative case studies and viewpoint articles especially on the emerging themes and topics which can address some of the current gaps in the literature. IJLSS invites applications from eligible scholars and researchers to join the Editorial Review Board. The application deadline is 30th April 2021.
1. Qualification. The applicant holds a doctoral degree, or at least a university lecturer position, or a research fellow or a Lean Six Sigma (LSS) professional working in an organisation (e.g.: LSS Master Black Belt, LSS Black Belt or LSS Project/ deployment champion, Lean Practitioners, Lean Champions, Lean managers, Head of Lean Production System etc.) and the equivalent AND has published at least three academic papers in peer-reviewed journals or presented and published conference papers and practitioner-oriented articles in leading professional magazines (e.g.: Quality Progress, LSS Forum Magazine, etc.)
2. Area of expertise. The applicant has good knowledge and research experience in subject areas related to Lean and Six Sigma.
3. Command of English language. The applicant has a strong command of the English language with verbal and written fluency.
1. Reviewers may be requested to review manuscripts up to four times a year.
2. Reviewers need to return their reviews within 20 to 28 days.
3. Reviewers need to provide complete and detailed comments on submitted papers.
4. Reviewers must not distribute any manuscripts reviewed or disclose information from the reviewed manuscripts.
5. Reviewers will be removed from the Editorial Review Board after two refusals to review, two failures to review, or three late reviews. If any unforeseen circumstances occur which prevent reviewers from reviewing manuscripts or reviewing manuscripts timely, the reviewers should consult with the Editor as early as possible to avoid any possible removal.
6. Reviewers should serve a three-year term and may be re-appointed for another term. Reviewers may resign at any time before the three-year term is completed.
1. At the end of the year, after reviewing four papers, a reviewer will receive a Certificate of Editorial Review Board Membership for acknowledging his/her contributions to the journal.
2. After reviewing four papers in a year with high quality reviews, one reviewer will receive an Outstanding Reviewer award.
3. Reviewers will get access to all peer-reviewed journals published by Emerald, with a free download up to 40 articles in a three-month period.
4. Reviewers who provide excellent reviews consistently for one year will be considered for invitation to the Editorial Board.
5. If appointed as a reviewer, the reviewer’s name will appear at the journal website in the Editorial Review Board.
If you would like to join the journal’s Editorial Review Board, please fill the application form below and email the Editor Professor Jiju Antony at: [email protected]. Please prepare and include a CV in the application.
Areas of research interest:
Attach a copy of your updated CV here