The International Journal of Logistics Management is seeking an Editorial Assistant.
About the Journal
International Journal of Logistics Management (IJLM) is an international peer-reviewed journal that publishes high-quality, leading scholarly research and provides a platform for development and examination of management theory and practice relating to logistics and the supply chain. We seek to deliver relevant research that delivers credible knowledge to industry and society while advancing the discipline.
IJLM welcomes research that advances the theory and practice of logistics and supply chain management. It is especially interested in articles that deal with management applications of theory and techniques, as well as articles which provide new knowledge and guidelines for framing, interpreting, or implementing the logistics process in the supply chain. The journal is interested in empirical research including a special preference for qualitative research.
At IJLM we aim to:
- provide a platform for new thinking on (new) problems, practices and techniques of logistics and supply chain management;
- provide a platform for new thinking on (new) problems, practices and techniques of global logistics and supply chain management;
- facilitate the interchange of information about logistics and supply chain management among business managers and researchers on a world-wide basis; and
- provide executives and teachers with reports of current developments in the field of logistics and supply chain management.
About the Role
The Editorial Assistant will be expected to assume the following responsibilities:
- Providing administrative assistance to the journal’s editorial team as well as supporting the Editorial Board
- Assisting the editorial team with managing manuscript peer review within a reasonable timeframe, using an online submission system
- Answering author queries
- Promoting the journal at conferences and through your own networks
- Contributing in other ways to the development of the journal.
The ideal candidate will be expected to satisfy the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree, or be a PhD candidate, in an appropriate discipline
- Have knowledge of the peer review process
- Be able to provide impartial judgement on other researchers’ work
- Be fluent in English with good writing ability.
The benefits of the role include:
- Full training and support in the ScholarOne submission and peer review system.
- Complimentary access to the journal.
- Your name listed within each issue of the journal and on the journal website.
- Early access to new research, helping you keep abreast of developments in the field.
- The opportunity to network with colleagues and peers (editors or board members) and to influence the journal's future development.
The role includes an honorarium to cover travel and other associated costs.
The successful candidate is expected to serve in the role for at least one year. This may be extended for a further period.
This role will require 2-3 hours of work per week.
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of up to 1000 words summarising their qualifications relative to the criteria stated above, together with an up to date CV, to the Editor, Britta Gammelgaard ([email protected]) and the Publisher, Catherine McAteer ([email protected]) by 11th February 2023.