Transparency statement for International Journal of Disruptive Innovation in Government
- Journal Ownership: International Journal of Disruptive Innovation in Government is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here . Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Aimee Nixon: Head of Open Access Publishing – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes one issue per annum in 2018 and two issues per annum from 2019 onwards.
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/ijdig under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Prime Minister's Office at Ministry of Cabinet Affairs, United Arab Emirates unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Doug Medland (Emerald Publishing) on 07 June 2018.