IJCTHR Call for Papers
Call for papers for: International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research
The International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research (IJCTHR) is welcoming the submission of papers.
IJCTHR focuses on building bridges in theory, research, and practice across the inter-related fields of culture, tourism and hospitality. IJCTHR offers value to those researching the role of culture in the field of consumer behaviour in tourism and hospitality through the publication of double-blind peer-reviewed theoretical and empirical research. The journal especially seeks to nurture interdisciplinary multicultural work among sociological, psychological, geographical, consumer, leisure, marketing, travel and tourism, hospitality, and sport and entertainment researchers.
- Tourists’ culture and behaviour
- Consumer behaviour and trends in tourism, leisure and hospitality
- Cultural heritage, festivals, art and creative industries
- Cultural anthropology, sociology, ethnography
- Marketing practices in tourism and hospitality, and how this relates to cultures
- Destination identity, culture and marketing
- Consumer behaviour insights from social media and big data
- Destinations sustainable development and culture
- Tourism geography, mobilities, migration, place
- Religious tourism and pilgrimage, cultural routes
- Tourism and hospitality promotion, branding, positioning
- The role of culture in sport tourism and events
- Coastal, rural, mountain and urban tourism studies
- Alternative and contested representation of consumer behaviour in tourism and hospitality
The Editor encourages articles based on theoretical arguments, empirical findings, case studies, and/or methodological developments. Qualitative, quantitative and mixed methodology submissions are all welcome.
IJCTHR publishes three types of papers:
- Full-length papers (both empirical and conceptual) - 6500 words including references
- Research notes (both empirical and conceptual) - 3500 words including references
- Cutting-edge short commentaries (on contemporary topics and emerging topics) - 1500 words including references (limit references to 15)
Papers published in IJCTHR are double blind peer-reviewed.
To submit your research, please visit the journal’s ScholarOne website: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijcthr.
In preparing papers, authors are asked to follow the standard IJCTHR Author Guidelines, which are available here.