Climate Change and Indigenous Knowledge
Call for papers for: International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management
Guest Editors: Michael Nkuba, Lydia Adeleke and G.M. Monirul Alam
Overview of special issue
Indigenous knowledge has been used in adaptation to climate change. However, this knowledge has not been fully exploited as a significant factor in adaptation. This special issue will examine the relationship between indigenous knowledge and climate change adaptation. The special issue will include multi and interdisciplinary perspectives from scholars located in all regions and with expertise in disciplines including meteorology, agriculture, social sciences, natural sciences and hydrology.
Indicative list of anticipated themes
- Climate change and indigenous knowledge forecasts
- Indigenous climate change adaptations
- Integrating indigenous knowledge in climate change adaptation
- Indigenous knowledge and climate smart agriculture
- Climate change and indigenous communities
- Vulnerability to climate change and indigenous knowledge
- Climate change, Indigenous Knowledge and food security
Other themes are also welcome, and may be discussed with the editorial team.
Expressions of interest, consisting of 250 words abstract with the full contact details of the authors, should be sent to: [email protected].
Abstract submission deadline: 25th April 2021
Papers submission: 25th July 2021
The Editorial Team (please send your reply to: [email protected])